mod idea for the keyboard users

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
janay
Donation rank:

28 Jul 2018 02:17

hey,
so , i am currently using the keyboard for steering in-game, and well ,it can be abit frustrating sometimes, driving on the highway 'balancing' left and right to keep on straight line, right now, i decreased the steering sensitivity on the game menu, and its abit better, although as i drive in town or in smaller roads, steering with the low sens' settings can be very annoying.
so i thought about a simple "mod", which lets you assign a key, that sets your steering sens' at lets say: 20% and by pressing it again it sets the sens to 40%.

for example , i set the hot key for ' \ ' , now every time i get on the highway , where i need low sensitivity for better control , i press \ and its sets to 20% sens, and when i get to a city or small road where i need higher sens , i press \ again and it switch to 40%.
pretty simple i guess, but could benefit a lot of keyboard users like me.

i don't have any experience in coding,modding and such, but i tried to think of ways it could be made,
first one is ,making one of the less used key (less used by me, anyhow..) like 'beacon' or so,
to toggle between 40-20% steering sens',
ON - is 20%
OFF is 40%.

or making a whole other scs file just for that..?

or maybe even with the console..? is it possible to use the console to control those settings? it won't make it as easy to use as i imagine , but thats something.
this is where i need an advice from someone who have some experience with modding and such.
sorry if i didn't explain it well,english is not my first language.
thank you!

ScuL
Founder

29 Jul 2018 16:46

That can't be modded..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

liano

29 Jul 2018 21:51

use the mouse, if you have one.

TunDrik

25 Aug 2018 05:03

This is an interesting idea, but cannot be done in practice. If you don't have a wheel use the mouse, it's the best option (which I used for a long time) and it works pretty well. Also, if you have an game pad, like an Xbox controller or a Play Station controller these can be rather good substitutes for wheel and may enhance your driving experiecne at a cheaper cost than a wheel (which price can run up to around 500 Euros).
English and Swedish

ETS2: ProMods - RusMap - Southern Region - Poland Rebuilding - The Great Steppe - AfroMap - Paris Rebuild - Emden - Swedish Islands
ATS: Viva Mexico - Mexico Extremo Aguascalientes - La Paz & Cubo San Lucas Rebuild

sentius55
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2018 10:06

I thought this last week and I research the game files for how can this do it. I think this will not be easy, maybe it's so close to impossible but I will try to make a mod or trainer that works on background.

I totally agree with you this is so annoying that cannot be balancing on the highway with high sensitivity but I don't want to stop the game and enter to options and change sensitivity settings every time. I will try to make a mod for this. I hope I can do. This would be very helpful for keyboard users

Davyddin
Donation rank:

12 Nov 2018 15:16

I play with keyboard, and I always have my physics tweaked for much higher sensitivity at slow speeds and much lower sensitivity at high speeds. Should I perhaps put it on the workshop as a mod?
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

janay
Donation rank:

26 Nov 2018 21:38

Oh boy, i forgot to check on the thread from time to time...
Yes my friend, you should put it on the workshop!
This could be useful for so many people!
Last edited by bmwGTR on 27 Nov 2018 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote - please do not quote posts direct above yours

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information