San Diego and Los Angeles map

General discussions about ATS and pre-development of a ProMods ATS pack
brainiac
Donation rank:

16 Aug 2018 01:03

Hi!
As you know I am experienced road-network and sign (re)builder.
I want to make San Diego map in 2:5 scale and I am planning to do Los Angeles later. Maybe this thread best describes my wish: https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=13141
Although project is at the beginning, I think that it is serious. Why? I am fanatic of roads. I like beautiful roads through canyons with tunnels. My country, Serbia, have many such roads. If we look at highways, I like mountainous highways with many tunnels and bridges, like highway Livorno - Nice, or Thessaloniki - Igumenitsa.
Next type of highways which I like is wide highways (at least 4+4) with complex interchanges. I really enjoy to look at street view or google Earth. It is naturally that I want to drive across them. Los Angeles is maybe the best choice. I started with San Diego because it isn't too far, I-5 has at least 4+4 lanes all way between cities (also I-15), city is much smaller and it has enough wide highways and complex interchanges.
I said that project is serious. As number of lanes is important for full experience, I must make many prefabs and streets.
I know that I want too much. Considering all writed above, my focus is on road network and I would like to do good landscape. Then details, includig precise signage, must be omitted, but maybe not if I will get help.
So, goal of this map isn't high quality, but very realistic road network, which lacks in both ATS and ETS.

As project is in very early stage, I won't post anything about progress. I created thread only because I am looking for help. I need people who will add details to map because I don't have time. I also need landscapers for faster progress.
However, you can find news about my prefabs here: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 64#p887164.

HELP WANTED:
MAPPERS
PEOPLE WHO WILL ADD DETAILS: unnecessary signs, buildings, fences...
SUGGESTIONS:
I need suggestions for companies in south-western San Diego (between Mexico, I-5, I-8, CA 15 and I-805. It is ideal to have at least one company in each city block between bigger streets (if block is long, than more than 1 company). For all suggestions please tell which in-game company I can place and exact places. I need too much time to make crossroad so I want to waste minimal time for placing companies. I also need suggestions for truck dealers, services, agrencies and gas stations.
Last edited by brainiac on 30 Oct 2018 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
Working on rebulding Russian interchanges and highways: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?t=14202.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP: primarily landscapers and people who will add details to map.
Donate: www.paypal.me/drbrainiac

Dendey

16 Aug 2018 16:57

Nice! Good luck with your project! :D

Mercedes2002CZ

17 Aug 2018 19:08

You want to do something that was like Project West for base map right?

brainiac
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2018 05:44

"in 2:5 scale"
Working on rebulding Russian interchanges and highways: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?t=14202.

Mercedes2002CZ

18 Aug 2018 09:22

Holy fu... That's amazing! I'm looking forward to it!

brainiac
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2018 09:49

That will be very slow. I am alone and I must make too many prefabs. I almost finished freeway prefabs and I even didn't start street prefabs.

Zarlandris

14 Sep 2018 13:12

This looks cool!

Good luck!

brainiac
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2018 00:33

I need suggestions for companies in south-western San Diego (between Mexico, I-5, I-8, CA 15 and I-805. It is ideal to have at least one company in each city block between bigger streets (if block is long, than more than 1 company). For all suggestions please tell which in-game company I can place and exact places. I need too much time to make crossroad so I want to waste minimal time for placing companies. I also need suggestions for truck dealers, services, agrencies and gas stations.

Poland.Ball

31 Oct 2018 19:45

Hey,
Sounds cool! I'm glad to see maybe in some years "GTA 5" in ATS :D
Official Mediterranean Map Corsica Mapper + Sardinia Rebuilder
Do not PM me! It's likely that I will ignore it.

• Information