Will the PM team work on ATS?

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
tonyk

29 Jan 2016 12:10

Thank you for the reply.

onwisco

29 Jan 2016 17:20

Just watching some streams... This game needs hard inner shoulders on rural freeways and city street lights that don't look like something from the GDR.

Also, what a shame it is that SCS modeled interchanges with large flyovers but users are stuck using the same old prefabs.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

29 Jan 2016 17:52

Watching Squirrel's stream, I understand why all these poor prefabs made way into vanilla ETS. It's because SCS have had a past experience of doing only American sims, and never did any European sims prior to original 2008 ETS. That's why, as a result, we had bumpy bridges over diamond junctions, generic tree models, inconsistent prefab lanes etc.

The prefabs used in ATS are 100% better, and while some are similar to the ones used in ETS, they fit the environment perfectly. I think there's little work to do as almost everything feels real and lively. It's ETS that needs continuous attention, as I think SCS will focus much more attention now on ATS - money is in the American market, so they'll have to keep delivering!

Kobra2112

03 Feb 2016 03:34

Now playing ATS for the first time, I must ask, what in the blazes was SCS thinking? :evil: I agree with Penguinaz, the roads around San Francisco are poor indeed. Interstate 80 isn't even properly connected! It makes it look like it merges with Interstate 5 when that's not the case at all.
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:
It’s my birthday

03 Feb 2016 04:23

Luckily it is not extremely difficult to improve this.. But I cant do it for a while because I need to do ETS2 mapping first... Maybe someone else will try..

Los Angeles on the other hand could only be improved by a total rebuild...
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Redsteel

03 Feb 2016 04:28

Well, I'm throwing my 2c

The whole map is way to small, and I dont mind the 2 states only, I mean in general, the scale used makes the distances way too short and left little room for improvement or added cities.

I really hope promods can do something about this fiasco, I'm not a modeler and i don't know how hard could be to change the map scale but that will be great for a better accuracy.

Kobra2112

03 Feb 2016 22:19

From what I know about the editor (which is somewhat little, sadly) the only way to make the scale larger (to say, 1:20 or 1:25) would be to make the map standalone. In other words, you would need a separate mbd file, meaning you need a whole new profile. For some people, this may or may not be worth it. It really depends on the person. In my opinion, this would be a good idea, but it's ultimately up to the team what they want to do. There's also the issue of fixing the states outline that is currently used in the game as this would need to be bigger to accomodate the lowered scale. Although honestly, I'm not sure how the team would do this.
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

La_FuAzz

03 Feb 2016 22:44

I'm wondering, how did it work with RusMap, it was 1:19, while it wasn't standalone.
ImageImage

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2016 23:04

That work due to the fact the game works in sectors.

Where Brest (BY) is located for instance, is overlapping with Poland. If you copy the Poland from the base game (sector +001-001) for instance, and you put that into your mod (sector +001-001) you can connect your map, to the existing one.

Both the sectors are the same, and overlap with each-other. If your map load later that the base map loads. Your sector overwrites the base game sector, connecting your map to the base map.

The scale is just a time based setting in the editor. You can see that happen yourself in the game too. On highways the time passes much faster then it does in cities. Cities are in a different scale then the highways are.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Lugge-Trucker
Donation rank:

03 Feb 2016 23:21

It's also pretty easy to change the background map to 1:19 scale in the editor even though the map is a bit inaccurate due to the enlarged image size.
What I also was trying to figure out today, is how to copy cities to their new right places in a 1:19 map, so that it is not necessary to start from scratch when it's about building cities. So, for a first 1:19 version, it would be enough to copy the existing cities to their right places and connect them by new and realistic country roads (as long as it's no faulty reasoning). Maybe, I will give mapping a try in my vacations, that are starting next week as long as nobody else is doing it, but better expect nothing at all.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information