First impressions/experiences/opinions about ATS

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
jasper

03 Mar 2016 17:01

That's a really weak point for the game , since the game is really beautiful when i tried the new title at a friend's home , am asking why they haven't postponed the release date , maybe two more states would have helped the game.
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

Shiva

03 Mar 2016 23:08

Maybe they needed this to got more truck to the game?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Peterson

04 Mar 2016 00:00

At this rate of updates and content additions? Not really. They didn't want to look like some sort of lame company without licences, but they ended up as a lame company without content. They really underestimated the community. I mean, they racked up enough fans to release the game in this state. And they thought that they would fool us with that Nevada "DLC"...

I haven't bought the game, I have it torrented. I used to have ETS2 torrented, but I bought it. But I doubt that I'll buy ATS when it will be on sale. It's not worth it. You may scream "maan, it's just 20 dollars you selfish cunt", but I can spend that money way better.

But they won't care. Sales count. When they'll fall enought, they'll release some content to boost it up.

Argh, I shouldn't write so much this late...
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

TruckOger

09 Mar 2016 15:37

Now that I've played ATS for about a month, there's mostly disenchantment filling me.
Most things have been said before - in my opinion, the worst showstopper is the map, especially its scale, witb freeway inconsistencies a close second.
I might be spoiled by ProMods and truck mods like Ohaha's or RJL's, but the "starzer" truck quality is just underwhelming. The Pete is lacking an interior wall, and there are about no accessories. An assortment of more or less tasteless paintjobs. Worst, in their crusade for licenses, they've suspended 5 of 7 truck manufacturers instead of using fake names like before.
If ATS has taught me anything, then it's to NEVER EVER buy SCS software again within the first year of release. 20 bucks is cheap, not a bargain, and you get a cheap ETS ripoff.
Currently I'm waiting for Arizona to be released, since it's included - not because I expect it to be better than the 2 released states.

JESAN
Donation rank:

10 Mar 2016 20:12

I played ETS2 during 6 months before starting to look for mods .With ATS only 1 hour after...

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information