First impressions/experiences/opinions about ATS

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Rocar 512E

06 Feb 2016 20:43

getrixx wrote:
Photonic wrote:But the fines are way to harsh from the police in ats
At least they don't shoot you. :? :mrgreen:
Seeing the recent wave of police brutality against civilians, i have to agree

jasper

07 Feb 2016 11:12

I tried for some hours ATS for now , i kinda like it.

I will start by the graphics , the trucks are greatly done and very beautiful but the sceneries less beautiful , but only a tiny difference comparing to the DLC Scandinavia of ETS2.

Now the driving , i feel there is a lot difference between US and European trucks , i feel it the sensation of heavier trucks while taking speed , and also due to long nose of those trucks , a bit hard to see where is the stop line and also no front mirror , maybe that's good point to make the game challenging than ETS2.

The traffic light system confuses for now , need some time to get to with comparing to European system :D , where the stop lane is close to traffic lights.

I saw some AI vehicles turn on the right side while still the traffic light was on red , can i too without getting fined?

After some deliveries completed , i love the new parking system , that brings some challenges and due to long trailers , i struggled most of the times to park the trailer in the right spot until the system allows to detach it and it happened to be late!

I feel the leveling a bit slower than ETS2 at the start is it just me? , it will need lots of times to play to get hands on our own first truck , since the price is 170000$ about( i think :D ) , that's a good thing due to less content it can keep us busy until SCS gives us more states and others contents.

As for negative things in the game , i would say , is the contents and small playground and the weigh stations hope in the future will be more useful and not just a tollgate where you don't pay , and i thought we had to make a stop on every station but it's looks like it's not mandatory since i tried not stopping to one and i didn't get any fine. Is there no tollgate on US?.

As others said , SCS must do something to give us time to change our speed when going to 65 miles to 30 in an second and avoid us lose 1000$ cause we were speeding since in the game there are cops watching for speeding and not cameras as it is in ETS2 and it's hurts a lot at low level and due to the behaviour of AI(crashing into our cargo) , also getting fined for about 1000$ , am running low in money for now , that's all i have to say for now , am pleased by the game.

I won't comment on interstate etc....., cause i really don't know about the road system of USA
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

07 Feb 2016 11:27

You must know, in the US it's fine to turn right while the lights are red.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

martinusK

07 Feb 2016 13:28

I haven't played it, but the opinions here are a strong factor why i'm not playing it.
Also, this:

Coast-to-coast in ATS (San Francisco-New York) (IRL: 42h) would take 1h 18min to drive.
Northernmost-to-southernmost in ETS2 (Napapiiri-Andorra la Vella) (IRL: 47h) would take 2h 30min to drive.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Kobra2112

07 Feb 2016 14:16

While it's not technically promods, east-west routes with Rusmap and Russian Open Spaces attached to Promods are nuts. You can go from Donostia to Tobolsk in Russia in about 6 hours
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Rocar 512E

07 Feb 2016 23:27

Volleybal4life wrote:You must know, in the US it's fine to turn right while the lights are red.
Same here

Ostpuff
Developer

08 Feb 2016 00:29

Martinus Kundla wrote: Coast-to-coast in ATS (San Francisco-New York) (IRL: 42h) would take 1h 18min to drive.
Northernmost-to-southernmost in ETS2 (Napapiiri-Andorra la Vella) (IRL: 47h) would take 2h 30min to drive.
Never compare a modded game to a vanilla game.

Napapiiri to Andorra la Vella is a lot longer than the longest journey you can currently make in the vanilla game (+DLCs)
Making the US in 1:19 scale would be like making Europe in ETS2 from Nordkapp to Gibraltar, which is far more than what is currently in ETS2 and something that would take many many years at the current pace.

Also, the entire US in 1:34,5 will be more map area than what is currently in ETS2...
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

FloHren

08 Feb 2016 01:51

It's really intresting to read your impressions/experiences or whatever about ATS.
After reading this posts and watching videos on yt I am a bit dissapointed about the map.

In my opinion, Los Angeles in ATS just don't feel at all like a metropolis.
There aren't any big custom interchanges.Actually there are just 2 custom interchanges in the whole game.
They are in L.A. but they just don't represent the big complex road system that is IRL there.
And the scale is again a very big problem. I always thought
ATS will be done with ETS 2 scale or at least 1:25.
But the scale 1:32 makes it very difficult to rebuild parts and to be creative when mapping new areas in USA.

The best city in ATS is definetly Las Vegas for me.
It is just an total contrast to what SCS has done to L.A. .
The city does all the way look amazing with its wide roads and with
the popular entrance sign,pyramide etc. .

I don't know if it would be good to buy it now .
I'll rather wait for the Arizona DLC to be released and then I think I will get it too.
I hope,I didn't kill you with my bad english skills. :D

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2016 03:50

Michael Rosen wrote:
Volleybal4life wrote:You must know, in the US it's fine to turn right while the lights are red.
Same here
You mean that you can turn right on red in Romania?
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

realdeal350
Developer

08 Feb 2016 07:46

We can here too :) But instead it's turning left because we drive on the left :lol:
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information