First impressions/experiences/opinions about ATS

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
smith121363
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2016 03:01

Ok, it's my turn. Scs did a good job on the landscape and I really like the variety of new buildings. Oh ya, the choice of trailer parking is nice even though I have found the "hard" choice as not so hard. It's playable. But considering the ridiculous choice of scale, I doubt it can be easily fix or made passably realistic. :( :o :shock: :? :cry: :x :oops: :roll: I don't know if I should feel mad or sad, but I am mainly feeling very disappointed.

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm crying here !! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm, also very embarrassed because the road system and cities DO NOT represent either of those states. :oops: :oops:

Anyway, that is my humble opinion. :roll:

Thanks,
Robert

Ps: I will keep playing ETS and I will buy the map DLC's. But I am hoping for a/some good map mod/mods in the future. ;)

Shiva

04 Feb 2016 03:22

Kobra2112 wrote: Furthermore, El Centro... oh lord. That's on Interstate 8, not interstate 10...
Umm?
El Centro, atleast on my ATS map it is at Interstate 8.
And it terminates at or close to ATS California's border to Arizona

Interstates 10 and 40, they currently terminate at the Colorado River. "checked in MapEditor"
Lugge-Trucker wrote:What I also find very interesting, is the fact, that Oakland harbor is situated in the central part of California miles away of the Pacific ocean. Nevada is even nearer than the Pacific ocean, if you take a look at the ATS map!
Oakland Harbor? Not that much wrong witht hat, except for the map scale. SF takes a lot of space.
Lugge-Trucker wrote:Oh, wait, I have another nice sidefact for you left: There is already Arizona in the game at least at a tiny bit, even though it is not declared as Arizona. Actually, El Centro as Californian city is situated at the place of Yuma, Arizona in the map editor.
Yep, I saw that too. I blame the scale SCS uses on the USA map.

I really hope they'll adjust it to 1:19 scale, the same as Europe map.
Then maybe roads between cities wouldn't be as compressed as it is now.

San Rafael to Santa Cruz, that's a..... 7-8 hour trip ingame. "California State Route 1"
Only big minus from me, is regarding the scale of the map.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

natvander
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2016 04:39

I'm having a great time with it :D

Boeing73FLY

04 Feb 2016 06:07

I bought the sim, and I liked it. I put my Enhanced Driving Experience mod in, and I am satisfied even more. Now where's ProMod's edit of the entire map? Hehe...
ImageImage

MY MODS FOR ATS AND ETS2
Enhanced Driving Experience (EDXP) (+ Addons)
Allison Transmission Pack (+ TC10)

ProMods Recruit

normpearii
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2016 09:38

This pretty much sums up my first experience with ATS...

Found this:

Located here:

Opened the Map Editor, immediately was confused:

Deleted the segment (As I have no idea why it was going up like than with no node there.) Replaced the segment. Fixed

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2016 09:55

wonder how that happened :lol:
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2016 10:29

I have to be honest, my expectations were low, as I'm not into American trucking culture - maybe that's why I drove for few hours, and enjoyed myself, and grew fond of the Kenworth. Already completed 25% of the map, so that's where the experience definitely falls short, but I appreciate where SCS stands with this, as they are keen on continuous development. Other companies would leave you with a broken game, which DLCs worth millions would patch (and the game on release was 14.99, incredibly underpriced!). Haven't noticed a single issue yet since release!

But because of the incredible feel America brings to the series, I am ready to forgive it's multiple shortcomings - weird crossings at interstates, odd default prefabs that weirdly fit right into America (it gives me the impression when SCS did Europe, they had an American mindset when designing them), the scale isn't an issue to me, as America is huge and there's more areas to come. Imagine that one day you'd have to drive from California to Florida; you'd die of boredom, trust me.

getrixx
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2016 11:27

Having read the opinions here and the feedback of a bunch of lets play videos, I see myself confirmed in not buying the game in the current state.
I'm not the huge fan of American trucks or America in general. What I was looking forward to in this game is getting this feel of sheer endless driving on American highways ( I'm aware that there are just two states atm)
But when I see that LA to Las Vegas, a 5 hour drive by car, takes roughly 10 minutes in game, this really breaks my anticipation for this game.
I'm really curious how they will fit some big cities on the east coast, since they are quite near together. Baltimore to Washington will take 60 seconds?
One day coast to coast will be about 2 hours, a drive which takes 2 days, rest time not included. :?
I will wait until 1 or 2 more DLC are released and rethink my decision. Until then there are plenty of places to explore in ETS2, thanks to Promods. :mrgreen:

realdeal350
Developer

04 Feb 2016 11:41

getrixx wrote:I'm really curious how they will fit some big cities on the east coast, since they are quite near together. Baltimore to Washington will take 60 seconds?
SCS probably didn't think of this when they were choosing the scale :P
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Lugge-Trucker
Donation rank:

04 Feb 2016 12:47

But SCS should be stumbled on the issue already, when building El Centro. As already mentioned yesterday, El Centro is actually located at the place of Yuma. Referring to their background map, they also plan to create Yuma, so, I am wondering, how do they want to do that or will they just leave it out - contrary to their actual plans - and begin to realize the disadvantages of their chosen scale? I am really looking forward for the Arizona DLC. It definitely will get very interesting how they do it!

Btw, I took a picture of the place in LA, I was talking about yesterday (the entrance to Sell Goods):
It's just incredible they build something like that in the center of Los Angeles. To the left, there is to be found the Sell Goods yard.
ATS is really a huge step back compared to Scandinavia DLC.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information