ProMods for ATS

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
nikola.purisic

11 Mar 2016 03:22

I mean, if SCS made Scandinavia, UK and mainland Europe have different scalings; there isn't a reason as for why couldn't ProMods make West coast perhaps smaller/bigger (whichever is better) and east coast the opposite..

The main thing about ATS that annoys me is the scaling; and the fact that there's no San Jose and other cities because of it, because it would create such a huge clump in the Bay Area. What did SCS even think when doing the scaling?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

11 Mar 2016 13:41

Scandinavia and mainland Europe have the same scale, 1:19, while the UK is scaled in 1:15. This is not a problem, due to the fact that the UK is an Island and the only connection that needs to be in the right location is Calais. However, things got a bit tricky with the Faroer islands, which are now a bit too close to the Scottisch Isles. But other than that, there are no problems.

The problems appear when you have to connect maps of different scales at multiple locations. This was previously a problem with RusMap, when that map still used a 1:13 scale. At that scale, St. Petersburg was located quite a bit north of Helsinki. Any connection between the two maps would be pretty awkward. But now that the scale has been unified, this is not a problem anymore. However, these awkward connections can still pose a problem with cities, which a usually built on a larger scale than the rest of the map (see the "short" E19 between Brussels and Antwerpen)

So to make a long story short: if you want to make a map with multiple scales, you end up with very awkward connections where the scale borders are.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Shiva

11 Mar 2016 22:26

Similar to the current RusMap - Russian Open Spaces difference.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Kobra2112

12 Mar 2016 23:35

I think that the sooner we have a 1:19 America the better. At this point, the best thing would be to finish Europe first (keeping me playing ETS2 for a while) and let MHA and others work on ATS. That way, everyone's happy
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Spooky

13 Mar 2016 17:24

Shiva wrote:[... the ATS map scale is around 1:28. Altho the timing scale is 1:35?
Strange - a different map scale to time warp? Or is this not the case???

If this is indeed true, how would we go about a simple fix of altering the time warp setting to the same as the map scaling???

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2016 21:35

If the TimeScale is different as from the MapScale then both could be altered to save the Map vs Time scale as for example 1:19 MapScale & 1:24 TimeScale.

1:28 | 1:35
1:19 | 1:xx (1:24)

19:28 = 0.67... | xx=0.67...*35=23.75≈24
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

Peterson

13 Mar 2016 21:51

I think that time changes with scale proportionaly. In Northern Scandinavia, the map scale is 1:1 and so is time. Because it would be stupid to have a different time scale than map scale.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

13 Mar 2016 21:55

°They could use different timescale to get the player think that in some states days are longer - but that wouldn't make much of sense - I just gave formula - in the case if it really differs. Though I do think that simpliest and most logical step would be to set everything as 1:19 and rebuild all without the worries about future DLC's.
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

14 Mar 2016 18:11

I'm not sure anybody has mentioned this yet, but there is already a mod that connected West to East coast. That mod is already at 1.5 and has added quite a few cities. Now obviously, the east coast doesn't look very authentic since the prefabs are all California and Nevada, but at least you can get a feeling of how long coast to coast will take and if that feels okay (or if a 1:19 is better.
Last edited by RobertKNL on 14 Mar 2016 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

Peterson

14 Mar 2016 18:54

You mean Mantred's Coast to coast? I like that map, and now that there's more of Texas, I can finally spin my Volvo properly.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information