Recruiting ProMods ATS developers

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Prophet4NO1
Donation rank:

18 Apr 2017 22:39

I was just thinking some technical details on how the road markings work. So they can use that for doing the layouts. Most people here in the states don't even really understand the meaning behind the various road markings. Or the reasons why one kind is used in one spot but not another. I guess I could try and put some kind of reference material for people to look at. Because at stock, it's all wrong. lol Well, lots of mistakes all over.

Callipso
Donation rank:

19 Apr 2017 20:57

it seems to me that most of the roads are ported from the ETS2 format, the lane mergers to highways are the most obvious thing that pops out to me as it looks exactly as it does in ETS2. My guess is that they didn't see much reason to change the roads to match US standards or layouts so just adapted the models to fit the new game.

veisborg

24 Jun 2017 14:00

ohh i will so lot learn to made map and speciel USA.. Its needed to be Get fresh...
I see the tips lot of you in instruction video ..

DilutedSalt
Donation rank:

27 Jun 2017 20:59

If you guys are still recruiting I would like to help. I know how to open the map editor and place a road, but that's it. I would love to learn more

Callipso
Donation rank:

28 Jun 2017 01:41

@DilutedSalt, I'd suggest you first have a look at ProMods Academy and try to learn what you can from the boards. After you learn the ropes and feel confident enough using the editor you can post on the Show Your Work section. If you are proficient enough with the editor and can show "ProMods" quality on your project you might be selected for the job.

OrangePuppy10

01 Jul 2017 16:44

Okay, I've been playing around with map editor and I think I've got some good projects going.
Here's what I've been up to...
Screenshot (1).jpg
Screenshot (1).jpg (137.63 KiB) Viewed 9001 times
Screenshot (2).jpg
Screenshot (2).jpg (151.07 KiB) Viewed 9001 times
These are some things that I've been working on and tinkering with.
I love working with detailed areas and complex interchanges.
Please give your opinion on how these look, because I would love to be part of the team :D
Please call me Quinn or NLProductions

ETS2-User
Developer

02 Jul 2017 00:02

Not a bad start. However, for the areas between roads you shouldn't just have the terrain form such star-shaped pits, but have it only at like 5-10m size and fill the gap with a bezier patch. It allows you to do some much more realistic terraforming and you won't have to hide terrain gaps with loads of weird looking bushes.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

OrangePuppy10

02 Jul 2017 02:21

ETS2-User wrote:
02 Jul 2017 00:02
Not a bad start. However, for the areas between roads you shouldn't just have the terrain form such star-shaped pits, but have it only at like 5-10m size and fill the gap with a bezier patch. It allows you to do some much more realistic terraforming and you won't have to hide terrain gaps with loads of weird looking bushes.
Okay, I've seen from many topics on the forum that says that Beizer patch is your friend, so thanks for the feedback, and it's time to get back to work :D ;)
Please call me Quinn or NLProductions

Dubst3pp3r
Donation rank:

07 Sep 2017 23:10

Though my modding/modelling is lacking (near non existant) I still have quite a bit of knowledge when it comes to routes, sights and must sees in the state of Washington and decent knowledge for New Mexico. If I can help in any way, i.e. roads, cities, routes both in city and highway, I would love to assist some how. I just hope that when the promods pack for ATS is released, it includes the Tri-Cities in WA as well as the Hanford project site highways!

vulchor
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2017 05:44

Last I heard, Promods for ATS will only cover the areas already done by SCS as they don't want the hassle of having to merge their areas when SCS releases new states, so its probably gonna quite a while before we get Washington in Promods (if Promods ATS ever sees the light of day).

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information