Recruiting ProMods ATS developers

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Vøytek
Developer

01 May 2016 15:01

PM team is focused on Europe. Most of users here is from Europe, not US so I don't think there's enough users to work on US map.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

lykopotoboy

01 May 2016 16:50

Im planing on waiting for Arizona and Nicos assets to be released before I start any mapping. Unless the new modular prefabs are already in editor. However I have no expeirience so I will make practice maps in that time
Connoisseur of all things road, rail, water, and flight!
World of Trucks:

LoaderSaints

01 May 2016 18:00

The problem seems to be that even though there are loads of people willing to help, the amount of people with knowledge on the map editor is very small. :roll:

Vøytek
Developer

01 May 2016 18:09

That's also true. "I can help", "I know Texas", "I can make my city" - but nobody is showing their skills to convince the team ;)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

lykopotoboy

01 May 2016 18:52

Even though I don't know the editor, I play cities skylines and don't use prebuilt intersections, might help for junctions.I Know Texas as well since I lived their last. Since I also lived in California I know the current areas in game pretty well. I also know some parts of Arizona as well. If I map I plan to expand towards Utah and Oregon after rebuilding.
Connoisseur of all things road, rail, water, and flight!
World of Trucks:

Vøytek
Developer

01 May 2016 20:31

If you can change all your knowledge into the map - do it! :)

Everybody will be happy with it as long as you do it with good quality. Not a straight roads without details (it happens often in some maps and I never download such things).
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Callipso
Donation rank:

03 May 2016 04:21

For me personally I am not opposed to learning the editor, the only thing is that there is so little information about how to use the program. I find some tutorials here and there about the controls and whats being shown to me on the screen. No real in depth way of learning the program exists outside of asking someone personally. It sure would be so extremely helpful if some of those who knew the editor well could compile a wiki page or something that would be able to help those who want to learn on their own be able to do so. Usually, editor based programs don't change much so it probably wouldn't need much updating, and such a reference could help more than just people like myself get to know the program, this could also be helpful as a reference to those who already do know it and just need to refresh their memory on some things.

So yeah, a wiki and a few instructional videos and you might be surprised that a few more people exist who know that obscure program. shouldn't be too much work.

LoaderSaints

03 May 2016 07:44

Well, these videos, which are made by one of our mappers, might be helpful for you guys who wish to start mapping. ;)

Vøytek
Developer

03 May 2016 12:23

It's not that hard actually ;)
I'm mapping just for few weeks because it didn't let me draw roads earlier oO Now it works and the best way to learn it is just having fun in the editor. If I want to make a bridge - I check how other bridges are done :) I've asked some questions but learned many things myself. This way you can also speedup your work as you don't have to look at the video every minute. Just run it and see what you are able to do. Then see videos and ask questions and you'll see that it's easy. (but takes a lot of time...)
Last edited by Vøytek on 03 May 2016 14:41, edited 1 time in total.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

LoaderSaints

03 May 2016 14:20

Well said Zniwek. ;)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information