DLC Arizona

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Callipso
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2016 06:54

jdenm8 wrote:I see... Kingman, Flagstaff, Page and Lake Powell, Gallup, Either Farmington or Shiprock, Maybe Cottonwood, Phoenix, Tucson, Nogales, Albuquerque, Yuma, Blythe, Bowie (guessing by the position) and a stub for Santa Fe. Doesn't appear that they're adding Las Cruces. Kind of understandable considering how close it is to El Paso.
west to east the towns most likely are. Kingman in the north, Yuma in the south on the California border. Grand Canyon Village, the dot north and west of Flagstaff, I assume this cause there is strictly small towns on the Havasupai Indian reservation nothing more than a few mobile homes or a gas station if much else out there, GCV is pretty much all that it could be and it serves as housing/residence for the people that run the National Park. Phoenix in the center of the map. Cottonwood/Camp Verde, north of Phoenix and south of Flagstaff, this could be Camp Verde which would be just off the exit of I-17 where as Cottonwood would be a short drive to the west. Page, northern border of Arizona adjecent Utah. Flagstaff,(that's where I live) is northern center of the state east of Kingman along I-40. Tuscon, southern center of the state East of Yuma. Nogales, Mexican border town, there is also a Nogales on the Mexican side of the border as well towns are governed as seperate entities. The last three dots appear to be in New Mexico as there are no towns of distinct size on the Arizona side of the New Mexico border. These towns would likely be, Farmington near the four corners area, its much larger than Shiprock and is one of the few major cities of the Navajo Nation. Gallup is along I-40, the only possible place the middle dot could represent. As for the southern dot, well my best guess is Lordsburg, its of modest size where bowie is pretty much a gas station stop.

The most interesting drives in AZ are in the Northern half of the state, Flagstaff is a breath of fresh air at the top of the Rim and its landscape is far from desert its almost sub-alpine in nature. Ponderosa pines cover the area and the San Francisco peaks are very eye-catching especially when you see the aspens turn colors in the fall. Its also the coolest place in the entire region. The drive to Grand Canyon isn't that spectacular although there are a few places that are substantial such as the Little Colorado river Gorge that follows the road to the Canyon itself. Further north toward Page you get into colorful rock formations that show themselves on the rims that skirt hwy 89. The town of page is an incredible vista atop a Mesa overlooking Lake Powell and Glen Canyon, site of the dam that bears its name. In the distance you see the Paria river gorges and Vermillion Cliffs that will follow you into Utah where they become incredibly deep red shades the work of a major uplift in the crust that formed the entire Colorado Plateau as you go further into Utah the cliffs change a variety of shades eventually leading you to the highest point on the plateau (that isn't a mountain) Bryce Canyon. There are naturally many, many backroads to the Grand Canyon, if maybe the devs don't add some person with lots of creativity could add in to the map, being as blank as it is in the spots between cities. They may not lead anywhere but they views they could hold might be worth a drive down one or two. One of the most impressive places to visit in the state is Sedona, I don't know if they will add it, I personally think it should be mandatory its utterly breathtaking to see the Mogllion rim in this cut out from Oak Creek Canyon its unlike most any place on this planet in its unique rock faces as they transition from white to orange to a deep red color. The way the water eroded the area led to many unique rock formations such as the famed Cathedral Rock, Teapot Rock, and many others. The Canyon drive is also very impressive in equal measure. Unfortuanlty, I think we probably wont see much from the point of Textures in the landscape quality it would be so nice if they could make the ground textures look more realistic and be able to use the lighting in the game to make things even more worth our time. I'm not sure that is going to happen with ATS or ETS2. So much variety of vegetation in the state it would put much needed character into the landscapes we travel in.

BTW they should Show Low, Globe, Safford, Lake Havasu City, Wickenburg and Kayenta. lots of empty space in those areas in exception to Lake Havasu City those towns are small as well so should be doable to me.

Michieten88

13 Apr 2016 11:10

I want from SCS every DLC at 6 months released , can't wait 1 year for a tiny map , this is beginning to be annoying
They said Arizona after release ....yeah right , i knew that is was A BIG JOKE - wait couple of months to be fully polished and the other stuff - i predict 5 months to finish with DLC Arizona and released date - end of august
Up the pace for SCS, for me is slowly to very slowly - my advice to not begin loosing players :)

lykopotoboy

29 Apr 2016 23:11

It does look like a true american roadnetwork. I think that intersection is the one for I10 and 110 in Pheonix. Dont remember Arizona since I havent been there in a while. Anyways I hope they included the I10 tunnel through downtown pheonix. Which would be awesome. Im also proud of the terrain its not all desert like in california. Im asumming the grassier part is around Flagstaff.
Connoisseur of all things road, rail, water, and flight!
World of Trucks:

yuhui2008

30 Apr 2016 13:33

The first one seems to be Interstate I10 / I17 interchange,But still with the actual number of lanes does not match :D

LoaderSaints

30 Apr 2016 14:17

Well, SCS is known for dropping out lanes. :P

MARTIN WNDRLVND

30 Apr 2016 14:40

I hope that "modular system" will be available for modders soon.

Vøytek
Developer

30 Apr 2016 14:45

It's already available for modders... There are tons of assets in PM files that you can use to create custom interchanges ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

yuhui2008

30 Apr 2016 15:01

seems 18 wos period Already had modular system ,SCS is not willing to make real interchange :lol:

lykopotoboy

30 Apr 2016 18:07

LoaderSaints wrote:Well, SCS is known for dropping out lanes. :P
true I thought I 10 had 10 lanes in Pheonix oh well thats what mapers are for. At least its not a phony custom interchange with a standard clover leaf underneath.
Connoisseur of all things road, rail, water, and flight!
World of Trucks:

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information