DLC Arizona

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
yuhui2008

01 May 2016 22:06

lykopotoboy wrote:
LoaderSaints wrote:Well, SCS is known for dropping out lanes. :P
true I thought I 10 had 10 lanes in Pheonix oh well thats what mapers are for. At least its not a phony custom interchange with a standard clover leaf underneath.

But scs ATS all the highways are two lanes。 :)

Callipso
Donation rank:

04 May 2016 20:13

lykopotoboy wrote:It does look like a true american roadnetwork. I think that intersection is the one for I10 and 110 in Pheonix. Dont remember Arizona since I havent been there in a while. Anyways I hope they included the I10 tunnel through downtown pheonix. Which would be awesome. Im also proud of the terrain its not all desert like in california. Im asumming the grassier part is around Flagstaff.

your assumption is semi-correct about Flagstaff. The west side is significantly wetter than the east, Ponderosa forest is basically what you see in great quantity here, it extends south on the I-17 till you reach the Mogillon Rim and then thins out vegetation changes. the Forest also extends west toward Williams again ending at the rim, and north of town parts of the forest also include aspen groves it ends just north of Kendrick Peak. There are dry lake beds that act like meadows and also some places where Logging has removed the forest to create a small prairie, those would be grassy though vegetation is not necessarily so green all the time. Ponderosa Forest inhibits the growth of grass so mostly the underbrush is pine needles, small flowers, bush, and gamble oak that don't grow that large. at a glance most of that terrain would be brown or sparsely green.

East Flagstaff is completely different than the west, more open and prairie like there isn't as much rain falling there and elevation is lower, this all means that you get an environment with tall grass that isn't so colorful sort of dry looking, though ponderosa still grow in patches here its not really as dense as the west side. That means the under story begins to take over more in the area taller gamble oaks, some grass more large rocks. due to lower elevation you also see juniper trees growing out in the under-story and eventually the ponderosa's stop altogether and just the junipers are left. in this area it is much more grassy and rocky prairie, rocks from the many volcanos and lava flows that dot the area and also from the San Francisco volcano. After you get past Winona though almost all the trees are gone its just grassy and rocks, by the time you get to Two Guns almost all the grass has started to thin out. After Meteor Crater turn off the lava flows are gone and the landscape turns from igneous rocks to sedimentary red sandstone and sandy desert with spare vegetation is all that is left.

I could explain the environments of all the roads along the interstates but that would be way too extensive unless you were intreseted in re-creating this beautiful state of mine. :). If you ever wish to do so and would like some pointers on what things are like without relying on Google maps/earth I'd be glad to share what I know.
yuhui2008 wrote:
lykopotoboy wrote:
LoaderSaints wrote:Well, SCS is known for dropping out lanes. :P
true I thought I 10 had 10 lanes in Pheonix oh well thats what mapers are for. At least its not a phony custom interchange with a standard clover leaf underneath.

But scs ATS all the highways are two lanes。 :)
Umm, there are probably no 10 lane highways in the US, there are they probably reside in LA or New York City.

there driving into Phoenix, from the north the lanes widen, at the exit to Anthem, from two by two (north and south bound traffic) to three by three. An extra outside lane appears at Carefree hwy interchange dedicated to carpool traffic only that would be off limits to trucks. There are places where merging lanes appear in between exits these extra lanes do not continue the entire length of the highway just between one exit and another. no 10 lanes in phx anywhere. 5 maybe 6 at times though no ten lanes. unless you mean five by five north/southbound roads. ten lanes total between the two.
lykopotoboy wrote: Im asumming the grassier part is around Flagstaff.

also, wanted to say that there is more grass than you think in Arizona. The Verde Valley has plenty of grass and vegetation, other places that have ample grass are Apache-Sitgreaves national forest, Payson, Snowflake, Show Low, Pinetop, Springerville, the Manzinal mountain range, Tonto national forest/basin, Ash fork, Chino Valley, Prescott, Globe. etc etc. list goes on. of course when we say grassy you probably mean the green stuff that grows all over Europe... that doesn't exist anywhere in Arizona really maybe a few mountain tops that are high enough have that kind of green grass though most of the state is covered in various native grasses that aren't so showy and grow in clumps that don't fully cover the ground. some places have areas where the grass is close together and looks as if its covering the ground when in fact it is just grouped very closely. there really is no place in Arizona that doesn't have some native grass really though there are areas where not enough rain falls to sustain plants like grass.

lykopotoboy

06 May 2016 01:09

I've only been down there a few times. Ive only been along i10 through arizona,93,and 40 west of kingman,i15 when it goes between Nevadah and Utah. Also I meant on both sides. Katy free2ay or i10 in houston has 11 lanes per side. However texas is odd and uses frontage roads. So really its only 8
Connoisseur of all things road, rail, water, and flight!
World of Trucks:

Callipso
Donation rank:

06 May 2016 02:39

Arizona uses frontage roads as-well in fact they follow most of the interstate as you pass through Phoenix. though its really not actually part of the freeway itself. I've been down that Kingman to Las Vegas route recently looks like they have designated it as a future interstate to be Interstate 11 not sure when that work will even start, probably going to be sometime in the next 5 years I bet.

So you've driven the road past Wickenburg and the famous Nothing, Arizona :P. I'd like to see that place make it into the game. A gas stop that isn't functional and a sign that reads.

Town of Nothing Arizona. Founded 1977. Elevation 3269ft.
The staunch citizens of Nothing are full of Hope, Faith, and Believe in the work ethic. Thru-the-years-these dedicated people had faith in Nothing, hoped for Nothing, worked at Nothing, for Nothing.

Kobra2112

12 May 2016 02:53

That's probably possible with the creative use of a sign atlas. At least I think. Man, I really need to sit down and learn the editor some day :lol:
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Michieten88

19 May 2016 14:26

SCS got to be worried because the fan database is smaller and smaller every day - why? why? why?
Waitin' for Arizona 4 months to appear after their original message ..... Arizona will come shortly after the release of ATS - Yeah right :lol: Yeah right!
Too slow for some small updates - I had so many yawns reading their blog . they have become boring .... really boring
Even with Arizona WE STILL DON'T HAVE SOME BIG AREA! Anyway ..... with all the respect for their game .... I will leave ATS ''exploring'' .... Got so bored of this company - updates very weak , their PR stuff is so '''professional''' - can't make me buy the game yet!
SCS - DO SOMETHING ! USA will be finished in 2050 with this pace :o

KyotoCarl
Donation rank:

20 May 2016 00:08

Michieten88 wrote:SCS got to be worried because the fan database is smaller and smaller every day - why? why? why?
Waitin' for Arizona 4 months to appear after their original message ..... Arizona will come shortly after the release of ATS - Yeah right :lol: Yeah right!
Too slow for some small updates - I had so many yawns reading their blog . they have become boring .... really boring
Even with Arizona WE STILL DON'T HAVE SOME BIG AREA! Anyway ..... with all the respect for their game .... I will leave ATS ''exploring'' .... Got so bored of this company - updates very weak , their PR stuff is so '''professional''' - can't make me buy the game yet!
SCS - DO SOMETHING ! USA will be finished in 2050 with this pace :o
It's up to them though how they want to handle their game. None of us have an obligation to buy their games.

angrybirdseller
Donation rank:

22 May 2016 11:00

I have used editor from 18 wheels of steel from 10 years ago and practicing on ETS2 till Arizona DLC ATS arrives. Its USA at 1:17 scale took the original scs map and double it size. The original default usa map size 6144 by 4096, just simply double it. The 1:34.5 scale would be fine to add to also, but I prefer to prevent map mixing that C2C click and paste map job. I still need to learn more about the editor as has more features than original 18wos ones did.

This is Los Angeles and San Bernardino at I:17 scale get I-10, I-15, some of I-405, and CA-91 to fit. California start out with with Los Angeles, San Bernardino, San Diego move north toward Frenso, Stockton, Bakersfield.

Signage stick with SCS standard and keep it simple
Landmarks-Probably need LA skyline rebuilt as so it quality of Phoenix in ATS to be of use. We need more developers for this to be possible as I cannot build it all by myself unless I live 500 years.

I will not proceed unless we have at least couple more people know the map editor. Want users with experience using the map editor if you can do basic high school geometry building these complex interchanges not a problem. :lol: I will be developer if more step up to the plate

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

23 May 2016 15:32

Nice interchanges. I'm sure when Arizona comes out you'll have a lot of assets to do interchanges like that.

For those that didn't see SNT yesterday I have to say DLC Arizona looks very well done. As always the scale is limiting but there are sooooo many custom interchanges. I hope they go back and rebuild parts of California to that same level of quality. Can't see it happening because i'm sure their priority is expansion. My guess is New Mexico next because there's already confirmation development going on there.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

Vøytek
Developer

23 May 2016 16:13

After so many years they finally realized that mods have better interchange assets than them and learned how to build it themselves. That's great ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information