DLC Arizona

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Vøytek
Developer

28 May 2016 19:33

You'll discover it yourself when you download it ;)
Or check YT, there are some videos for sure.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Frozen1

28 May 2016 20:39

Zniwek wrote:You'll discover it yourself when you download it ;)
There are, but most people who make the videos, they know only Grand Canyon. They don't know that Hoover Dam is one of the landmarks there. Im pretty sure most of them even don't know which river goes through the canyon.
ImageImage

HQ: Rousse (BG)
Truck: MAN TGX Euro 6 2013
ProMods since: August 2013 v1.0

Callipso
Donation rank:

28 May 2016 21:16

Frozen1 wrote:
Zniwek wrote:You'll discover it yourself when you download it ;)
There are, but most people who make the videos, they know only Grand Canyon. They don't know that Hoover Dam is one of the landmarks there. Im pretty sure most of them even don't know which river goes through the canyon.
Actually, Hoover Dam is not part of the Grand Canyon at all. Its located at the top of the Black Canyon gorge. Which extends south for some miles. the Grand Canyon ends at the boundary of Lake Mead, which in itself has its own National Recreation Area.
Barrett_killz wrote:Some screens:

Shesh, they could at least get some new texture colors for the Canyon its all one color here nothing like its actual beauty. Its also too shallow one could only view the river at certain vantage points on the rim where you can actually see into Granite Gorge below. :P well something for modders to do I guess. really a shame.

We should be so lucky to actually see it all though, Trucks are expressly forbidden inside the park boundaries only smaller trucks the park service owns can go into the park itself. The closest place you can get your truck IRL is Tusayan which is just outside the gates of the park to the south. no access points through Cameron will allow you through. So this whole idea is just unrealistic altogether.

Its also apparent no one who developed this area has ever actually been to the Canyon. its not desert at all really its covered with trees Junipers, Piñon pines, and even Ponderosa closer to Tusayan. lots of grass and shrubs around the roadways. Only the road to Cameron becomes drier and more desert like, to its south is trees and then falls away into prairies of grass.

ScuL
Founder

28 May 2016 22:39

I have been there twice and although I recognise certain elements, it still comes across as a bit of an arcade representation of the area.
This is not just valid for the GC area but also Kingman, Page etc.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

30 May 2016 10:45

I've tried the 1.3 beta, and I have to say. It's not that special really. It does add a very welcome piece of the US to the game. But I still find the game quite small.
But all in all, I like the custom interchanges they made :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

hristov681bg

30 May 2016 11:19

This game need more truck brands
Like:
Volvo
Western Star (Maybe we will never seen this brand in game by SCS) :cry:
International
Mack
Freightliner
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Maps:
ProMods 2.16
RusMap 1.7.2
ProjectBalkans 2.4
SouthernRegion 6.5
Truck:
Volvo FH16 520HP

American Truck Simulator
Maps:
SCS Maps
Truck:
Kenworth W900A

Nissantruck

30 May 2016 16:04

Hello! Päivää!
I must say that Volleybal4life is right.
It does add a very welcome piece of the US to the game,but it would be nice to have more states to drive slightly faster.
I mean SCS could do them faster,because sometimes it can get boring to drive the same roads all the time.
I do like to drive in the USA,even if i need to drive the same roads all the time,because i will not use any map mods.
They do not look real life at all and they are copy paste stuff. :(

hristov681bg is also right.
The game would need more trucks,especially the Volvo VNL.I mean all models of it.
Now i need to use a mod for it.So that i can drive a Volvo VNL 780 in the ATS. :mrgreen:
So i can only hope that SCS could add the Volvo VNL in to the game and more states would be nice too. ;)
I do know that the game has some information about the Volvo VNL all ready.No it is only missing the trucks from the game. :!:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

30 May 2016 16:28

hristov681bg wrote:This game need more truck brands
Like:
Volvo
Western Star (Maybe we will never seen this brand in game by SCS) :cry:
International
Mack
Freightliner
There were Volvo dealers in San Francisco and Las Vegas from day 1, though you had to poke the .sii files to learn this - they weren't advertising their presence while playing. Which suggests that negotiations for Volvo (& Mack) may be happening. I imagine that if we get Freightliner we'll get Western Star as well coz they're both owned by Daimler-Benz.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

30 May 2016 19:48

I think what the game could also need is maybe the a Retro Trailers DLC that features trailers from Hard Truck 18 WOS and 18 WOS Across America. The reason is that we haven't seen these trailers in their HD version and bringing them back might be a really cool throwback feature.

Michieten88

31 May 2016 07:51

I don't understand one thing about SCS - making new areas but not replacing the old intersection prefabs ...... Rebuild of L.A. who looks so dull
So boring with this slow development , even with Arizona the map is still small , I wonder if by the end of the year we will get another DLC for ATS - New Mexico & Texas - at least! - I have discovered everything , no more unlocking stuff -

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information