DLC Arizona

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

12 Jun 2016 07:04

Hoover Dam by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

And the real thing by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

I didn't take my jet-pack on holiday in 2014 so couldn't get the bridge and the dam in the same photo :D

They have got the coniferous forests on I-40 west of Flagstaff, which is nice. Kayenta doesn't have enough gas stations. Further exploration is still required to see how it matches up to my recollections and/or photos but I bet it doesn't include me hiding from the noon-day sun under the bridge carrying I-10 across the Mighty Colorado...
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

12 Jun 2016 10:18

Seligman's landmarks are in Kingman. Which is weird, since the connection between I-40 and AZ66 is clearly BUS I-40 and the scenery town is clearly Seligman.

The scaling strikes again.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

Callipso
Donation rank:

12 Jun 2016 20:31

Scaling is terrible, makes everything seem all bunched up and takes only a few minutes to get from Kingman to flagstaff. The worst thing is there is no representation of elevation in the game at all. In Arizona if you are heading toward Flagstaff you will expect to gain significant elevation in the game, this takes a toll on all trucks passing through the state and I frequently see them pull over on the areas where there are grades that are significant. if your coming from Phoenix which is at around 2,000 ft and go toward Flag you will gain 5,000 ft overall. Flagstaff is at 7,000 ft. there are also mountain ranges in the way so you would have to deal with the up and down of crossing those 2 other ranges (Manzatnal Mountains and the Black Hills) and then climbing the Mogillon Rim. None of that elevation is represented and it feels like its just a joy ride through the state.

Shiva

12 Jun 2016 21:46

Yeah, that Scaling.... 1:19 or whatever ETS2 uses, would have been better.
Callipso wrote:
Shiva wrote: Flagstaff? The green city of Arizona? Spruce's, green grass, etc?
Similar to google maps atleast.
Figured as much nothing close to reality then. None of those things are common in Flagstaff. Green, okay I'll give you that one.
What?! google map lies?!
WTF?!
Or is it Spruce's that look Pines?

Did you yet visit Flagstaff in ATS?
Route 66 That walkpath is not ingame.
US-180 North of Flagstaff.

Wait, I do see Spruces too. And something that resembles Pines.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Callipso
Donation rank:

13 Jun 2016 22:18

Shiva wrote:Yeah, that Scaling.... 1:19 or whatever ETS2 uses, would have been better.
Callipso wrote:
Shiva wrote: Flagstaff? The green city of Arizona? Spruce's, green grass, etc?
Similar to google maps atleast.
Figured as much nothing close to reality then. None of those things are common in Flagstaff. Green, okay I'll give you that one.
What?! google map lies?!
WTF?!
Or is it Spruce's that look Pines?

Did you yet visit Flagstaff in ATS?
Route 66 That walkpath is not ingame.
US-180 North of Flagstaff.

Wait, I do see Spruces too. And something that resembles Pines.
To answer you questions.

1.) I do not own ATS though I have seen enough on YouTube of the final product to get the idea.

2.) At times Google maps is out of date. though likely the photos of Flag are current

3.) these are the common types of trees around and near flagstaff.

Ponderosa Pine

Proliferates the area to the west and south, ending at the Mogillon Rim. grows above 6000 ft

Utah Juniper

Found in combination with other Junipers and Piñons starting at about 4500 ft and overtaken by larger pines at 6000 ft

Rocky Mountain Juniper

see above

Two-needle Piñon

see above

One-seed Juniper

see above

Quaking Aspen

found in groves around the flagstaff area, pretty selective about where they want to grow. Typically likes lots of water retention in the soil.

Englemann Spruce

Spruce tree that does grow in this area, extremely unlikely to be found below 8000 ft, mostly found on Kendrick Peak as San Francisco Mountain is covered in Aspens at this elevation.

Limber Pine

Likes higher elevation than flagstaff, almost confined to the Peaks

To answer the question, Spruce can grow here, if they are either planted by landscapers as they wouldn't be native, or if where you were looking at was above 8000 ft. Most all roads that you drive do not reach this elevation. Likely what you were seeing was the local set of pines, do they look similar to the native pines? I wouldn't say so, but we could argue all day about it and not get anywhere. :roll:

Shiva

16 Jun 2016 02:34

Nice, I'll ask you if I need named to the different trees and bushes :)
Vegetation around Flagstaff to Grand Canyon Village ain't that bad ingame.
The scale used on the other hand......
Still wondering WHY they decided to use the current scale ingame.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.

Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

18 Jun 2016 07:57

Agree about the lack of climbing from Phoenix up to Flagstaff - I've just been that way and no downshifting required. It could do with Navajo Bridge and the road west to connect with I-15 north of Vegas too.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

Callipso
Donation rank:

18 Jun 2016 21:05

could have also done the old hwy 89 (89A) route, that would include Mr. Larrington's Navajo Bridge idea, to the North Rim of Grand Canyon, it also serves as a quicker route to Fredonia, AZ and Kanab, Utah. Fredonia connects to Saint George via SR389/59 while in Kanab 89A rejoins 89 and provides access to the Grand Staircase region, Zion Canyon via SR9, Bryce Canyon via SR12/63, eventually connecting up with I-70 heading toward Grand Junction/Denver

Shiva

19 Jun 2016 16:58

89 might continue whenever they SCS builds Utah.
89A ? well... maybe if ProMods does an USA map.

ScuL
Founder

19 Jun 2016 23:05

I've driven both 89 and 89A in real life twice, quite familiar with the situation there. Last time 89A was still closed due to the rock slide that led it to become A :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information