DLC Arizona

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Shiva

09 Jun 2016 20:34

Modders completely revamping it?
Well... then SCS does not need to do any more new maps.
Modders can do that.
SCS could then consentrate to do only new features, prefabs, models etc...
:roll:

Only big fault I see in ATS is the scale of the map. Same as ETS2 would have been nice.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Peterson

09 Jun 2016 20:48

Maybe SCS should reach out to good modders, give them means and tools, and of course some motivation in exchange for participation in developpement. Modders would learn from masters, masters would get some fresh ideas and more workforce to create with.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Callipso
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2016 20:49

Anyone have any pictures of the new DLC in action? I'm curious as to know if all of the state is the same color red, or if they varied the landscape at all? Also pictures of my home city Flagstaff would be nice it should be different from the rest of the state.

Vøytek
Developer

09 Jun 2016 21:12

Search for it on YouTube, you should be able to see it.

I have no idea how many people work on maps in SCS but maybe 10? 5 of them works on the ATS map and 5 of them on the ETS map. PM did more job on it than was done on base map + GE + Scandinavia and there are other big mods. Sure that every map mod has different quality but some are really well done (no, not TSM...). I know that SCS created whole game and map editor and many assets and so on but mapping team is just too small or they're doing it too slow for some unknown reason. If PM devs didn't rebuilt the map but only added new cities and roads, then Europe could have been already finished. And about prefabs and other models and all available assets - when I started map editor without PM stuff, it was just nothing... After enabling it, there were like 1000x more things to use. And it was all done for free, by small group of people in their free time. That's why I don't understand why they do it so slowly and don't update the map (especially in the old areas). Maybe because users did it better so it's not worth changing? Probably much more people play with than without mods so they are now releasing France because PM didn't finished it yet and there's a small chance that players will like and enjoy their work. Of course - it's not a problem for me or others as we use PM and don't care if vanilla map is just boring and everything is the same. That's the power of ETS and maybe ATS in the future. But so far I've only seen one big map for ATS and that map is just a joke. I can't understand why somebody released it but it's his choice. All guys with skill and experience use it to make mods for ETS so I stick with ETS for this and many other reasons :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Fab32400
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2016 22:12

I'm right with Zniweck.
Priority is the Europe... because a lot and a lot of people are waiting for it, and use the ETS2 V1.24.

Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

11 Jun 2016 15:49

Zniwek wrote: But so far I've only seen one big map for ATS and that map is just a joke. I can't understand why somebody released it but it's his choice. All guys with skill and experience use it to make mods for ETS so I stick with ETS for this and many other reasons :)
Given the size of the ATS universe at launch time, the combination of Mantrid's Coast To Coast and Maniax's MexUSCan maps are better than nothing and very much a work in progress. Yes, they're not up to ProMods' standards but...
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

Peterson

11 Jun 2016 17:27

That Mexuscan isn't even accurate in terms of speed limits and road transitions. It's a joke. Coast to coast at least tries to represent something, and I kind of liked it. I don't think that there are copy-pasted cities, yes, they are madde from CA/NV assets, but they're custom.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Vøytek
Developer

11 Jun 2016 20:35

I didn't see the cities, so I don't know if they copy-pasted them but I've seen the roads... It's just a highway with most basic terrain possible. Just plain grass or some trees. Maybe it'll be improved in the future but it looks very bad. If you want to drive a lot - sure, no problem but I'd like to see more realistic roads and cities :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Shiva

11 Jun 2016 22:21

Callipso wrote:Anyone have any pictures of the new DLC in action? I'm curious as to know if all of the state is the same color red, or if they varied the landscape at all? Also pictures of my home city Flagstaff would be nice it should be different from the rest of the state.
Flagstaff? The green city of Arizona? Spruce's, green grass, etc?
Similar to google maps atleast.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Callipso
Donation rank:

11 Jun 2016 22:42

Shiva wrote: Flagstaff? The green city of Arizona? Spruce's, green grass, etc?
Similar to google maps atleast.
Figured as much nothing close to reality then. None of those things are common in Flagstaff. Green, okay I'll give you that one.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information