Brakes too Sensitive

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

26 May 2016 21:23

Well this one is a quite minor one but to no avail I cannot get my brakes to be realistic. Most of the time while hauling a trailer, when I start breaking, the truck goes from 60mph to 0mph in like 4 seconds even with a gentle push on the brakes. Without a trailer, the truck brakes a bit more realistically. I have tested my brake sensitivity from far left to middle to far right and back again, nothing changed. I also have messed with the Logitech G27's brake sensitivities and still no dice. No mods are really causing this (unless you guys know the answer) and the physics.sii file is basically what it should be at by default. Anyone have a solution to my problem?

Btw Im driving the Peterbilt 579.

If it's a 579 issue, how does one fix it or edit it?
I am also running the new ATS 1.3 Open Beta release of the Arizona DLC.
Also while hauling a trailer (even SCS made), the truck began to shake even with a Modded skin on it. The turning was also a nightmare as well. Again, it's not the game at all same for the mods.

Callipso
Donation rank:

27 May 2016 00:48

some physics mods have lower sensitivity settings in the game files. might try taking a look at them on the SCS forums to find out what files they modified to lower the sensitivity.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

27 May 2016 03:24

Well I also found that the trailer mods and the trailer skins, with Advanced Trailer Coupling (ATC) enabled, it forms some kind of invisible barrier between the truck and trailer.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

27 May 2016 16:37

So im putting the blame on trailer mods and trailer skin mods for now. The truck without the trailer works fine but with the trailer causes my ATC and Braking Sensitivity problems. Also it causes steering and stability problems as well.

SamiNordlund

28 May 2016 10:31

I noticed one thing. When starting to play, brakes are very sensitive. If I first use brake pedal all the way before starting to drive, brakes are working as they should be. :) That trick works for me. Perhaps pedals needs some kind of calibration. I have Logitech Driving Force GT.

LoaderSaints

28 May 2016 14:21

That kinda happens with my G27 as well. Each time I start playing I have to press every pedal all the way down so that they start operating correctly as for some reason the first time a pedal is pressed the input generated by it goes straight to 100% instead of gradually increasing.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

29 May 2016 03:29

Do you mean like when you're in the truck, main menu of the game, or when you're in the profile menu?

LoaderSaints

29 May 2016 07:53

I usually press the pedals while I'm in the truck. I guess it could be done earlier as well. I just know it has to be done each time after the wheel has been plugged in, not if I have already played the game, quit and then launched it again with the wheel plugged in.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

30 May 2016 05:35

I got the water trailer from the steam workshop and everything works like expected. So I guess we found our verdict: the trailers (mods and skins [maybe, maybe not for the trailer skins] ) are dependent on the new ATC feature since it affects the truck in some weird, physical way.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information