SCS is going to rescale the ATS map!

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

16 Nov 2016 00:40

You need Steam for it. Right-click American Truck Simulator, go to properties and then you see a section where it says betas. Click on that and use "open public beta 1.5"
Developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E18 Oslo-Kristiansand(Larvik, Porsgrunn, Skien, Arendal)
- E39 Kristiansand-Stavanger(Stavanger & Kristiansand rebuild)
- E6 Lillehammer-Otta(rebuild)

ScandinaviaMod:
https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

Callipso
Donation rank:

17 Nov 2016 21:02

did they ever add any elevation to these roads? I know that CA-58 goes down into the Central/San Joaquin Valley after leaving Mojave a noticeable downgrade is in the area after passing Tahachape and leveling before you approach Bakersfield. I also wonder if they added new scenery to that road in these mountains where is a vast wind farm that you pass its an unmistakable feature of the 58. I would be neat if I could visit Visalia which is very close to were my Grandparents live in Dinuba I'd love to go visit them in this game :lol:

Peterson

17 Nov 2016 21:41

I don't remember much, I don't remember seeing a wind farm, but I can assure you that hills are present, and it's pretty harsh for trucks.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

MistahDave
Donation rank:

17 Nov 2016 22:03

I'm still driving around on roads i've traveled on in real life and I have to say it's realistic. I'm so happy SCS did this!

Callipso
Donation rank:

18 Nov 2016 08:58

Peterson wrote:I don't remember much, I don't remember seeing a wind farm, but I can assure you that hills are present, and it's pretty harsh for trucks.
You don't remember seeing them in the game or IRL? I can assure you they are there if you travel that road in the flesh. I've done so quite a lot in my life. Its not all that bad for trucks down that way I see quite a lot on my way out that direction, its sort of steep in a few areas though the terrain is quite rolling so its not a terrible drive. I know a place in Colorado that I wouldn't want to drive my truck down, Wolf Creek pass! now that is one helluva challenge for a truck. Trying to stop on that baby can burn through your brake pads in no time at all. Though I see semi-trucks going up that pass all the time its amazing that people can get through that experience, its got to be the most stressful hour or two of their lives.

brainiac
Donation rank:

18 Nov 2016 12:29

Have you experience form Million dollar highway?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Peterson

18 Nov 2016 14:35

@ Callipso : I've never been to US of A actually.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Callipso
Donation rank:

18 Nov 2016 22:21

brainiac wrote:Have you experience form Million dollar highway?
I've been down US-550 a few times, the stretch from Durango, Colorado to Aztec, New Mexico is familiar to me the most when I lived in that area we used it frequently to get to Farmington, New Mexico. I went up the stretch in Colorado from Durango to Ouray once and it was quite a ride, very pretty in the fall when the trees turn colors, I wouldn't recommend it in the winter though black ice is everywhere and likely have your truck sliding up and down the hills, pretty tough for a semi-trailer though.

Photon_

19 Nov 2016 02:20

I have been recently been playing the beta and the rescaled map looks amazing especially California.

IvanGF14
Developer

19 Nov 2016 21:55

Seems like SCS added a lot of traffic :lol:

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information