how soon will you have pro mods ats

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

02 Nov 2016 13:33

One argument against your story is that there is one skill that we think is very important for any developer: autodidaction. You have to find knowledge yourself, there are several tutorials to get you started if you look for them (heck, even Nico has written one recently!). If you don't teach things yourself, you're not going to be the kind of modder or mapper we are looking for. Autodidaction and experimentation are indicators for innovation, self-reliance and creativity. Those are the personality traits we are looking for, to seperate the skilled people from the wannabes...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Vøytek
Developer

02 Nov 2016 14:22

Yes. If somebody wants to learn map editor, he'll do it, no matter how hard it is and how long it takes. It's not for people that give up after few minutes. You can't make it work today? Try tomorrow, with new ideas to check what's wrong. Maybe it was just bad luck. My editor didn't allow me to place roads at all. After few months, it suddenly worked. No idea why.
Our devs did the same as all newbies. They tried it and it worked for them :) So, if somebody wants to help, he'll do it. If he only says, that he'd help but he has no idea how map editor works, then I'm afraid he won't have enough energy to spend on mapping in future and will quit quickly...
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

brainiac
Donation rank:

03 Nov 2016 11:06

MandelSoft wrote:That is Mario again, known for his notorious copy-pasta maps and pirating and combining maps without permission or crediting the original authors...
If anyone find Mario's copy-paste map, report it. If many of us report, maybe all mod sites ban him.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

brainiac
Donation rank:

11 Nov 2016 18:30

brainiac wrote:
MandelSoft wrote:That is Mario again, known for his notorious copy-pasta maps and pirating and combining maps without permission or crediting the original authors...
If anyone find Mario's copy-paste map, report it. If many of us report, maybe all mod sites ban him.
Maybe this is off-topic, but Mario is banned from one mod site:
"Re: MarioMap
Hello,

We stop public this mod.

Regards

ets2mods.com"
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

WarthogCC

05 Dec 2016 08:16

Volleybal4life wrote:That's not the definition of default.

When you install ATS on a clean Steam account, on a clean PC, you will only get California and Nevada. You will need to install Arizona separately ;)
This is not entirely true. When I bought ATS by itself and installed it. It automatically installed Arizona for me. So right out of the box I had 3 states.

Vøytek
Developer

05 Dec 2016 12:29

I think he posted it before Arizona was released, so now it can be different ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

PaZz_
Third Party Developer

05 Dec 2016 14:01

WarthogCC wrote:
Volleybal4life wrote:That's not the definition of default.

When you install ATS on a clean Steam account, on a clean PC, you will only get California and Nevada. You will need to install Arizona separately ;)
This is not entirely true. When I bought ATS by itself and installed it. It automatically installed Arizona for me. So right out of the box I had 3 states.
Nevada & Arizona both are marked as DLCs so actually you can uninstall every state but California so far. That means: Wich content you get installed depends on the selected checkboxes in the Steam-DLC menu.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information