ATS - Project West

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Tornadic_Outlaw

08 Jun 2017 04:56

stoked_dude said it on the SCS forum here http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=620 (about half way down the page)

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

08 Jun 2017 10:49

Right, but that goes for this mod as a standalone. It seems like it will continue under the banner of Promods from the next version on.

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2017 23:15

In light of the new Heavy Cargo Pack DLC that just released, will there be an update in the near future?
Some of the SCS staff have mentioned in their forums that changes were made to some company yard prefabs to accommodate the new trailers.
To pick up these updates from SCS Software, this map mod requires an update.

mike_mac
Donation rank:

13 Jun 2017 06:53

@KrysEmlyn - No, this doesn't require an update from PW 1.3.2.

SCS only changed where you park a Heavy Cargo trailer, which is only a position marker. No geometry of prefabs were changed AFAIK.
For example, I have delivered the 123, 000 lbs (approx.) transformer to a Rail Export depot, with a drive-in parking spot. No reversing!

--mike
Rated PG: Portable Gaming
|   MacBook Pro   |   2.0 GHz Intel i5   |   8 GB RAM   |   256 GB SSD   |   Intel Iris 540   |   macOS Sierra 10.12.5   |   Steam   |

DragonSpirit
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2017 14:15

from the scssoft forum topic linked above in a comment :
"Project West is retired for now, any new content is being released in the next ProMods. I am sorry for those who want to combine upcoming PM and other map mods but in order for that to happen precautions and sector speculation has to be done by other mappers. We are not going to move into new states so any sectors outside of CA, NV and AZ will not be touched. Map mods that doesn't modify those states should be fine."

So PW itself is retired but it will be used as base for Promods ATS, and only states released by SCS for ATS will be touched.

Just takes time and patience for the makers to get a first version ready for release, though I think they will wait for New Mexico to be released and it takes as long as it takes. Good news is holidaytime is coming up :)
So that maybe can give the makers more time to spend.

But I will wait patiently, have no rush and nowhere to be so :lol: and am sure it will be a great addition to the ATS basic map.
My PC Specs: *Mobo: MSI B350M MORTAR ARCTIC B350 *CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8core) 3,4 GHz (3,8 GHz Turbo Boost) *Memory: Corsair 16GB DDR4-2666 Kit
*GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G *HDD: Hitachi 1TB SATA *PSU: 850Watt *Wheel: Logitech G29 with shifter *OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

15 Jun 2017 19:22

SCS paves the way, Promods cleans up after. This works and it's efficient. If Promods starts paving a road themselves, SCS will pave over it, which Promods is going to clean up again. Pretty sure that's why Promods won't expand into new territories.

GenericallyNamed

26 Jun 2017 18:33

are you planning to do any work in SCS's cities? would like to see more accurate cities with things like one-ways and other things like more dedicated turn lanes. the cities are very generic repetitive. is anyone planning to do any sort of work like that? honestly would love to see more realistic cities with less generic and basic road design.

but on topic, your work looks fantastic. keep it up :)

KyotoCarl
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2017 00:43

I'm having frequent crashed. Have been removing mods to see if it helps but it still crashes unexplicably when I'm turning out from my Tuscon garage.

<iframe src="" style="border:none;width:100%"></iframe>

EDIT: Nvm, I seem to have gotten it working. I put the Viva La Mexico files in the right order and that seemed to do the trick. That combined with the San Diego garage fix, which I don't know if I truly need?

KyotoCarl
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2017 00:47

Now I'm getting a new crash when coming back into San Diego after having been to the south of Baja.
Does anyone have a clue? I drove all the way from Tuscon to the south of Baja California and this happened when I came back to San Diego. No crashes during the trip

<iframe src="" style="border:none;width:100%"></iframe>

Peterson

26 Jul 2017 07:03

Project West works perfectly for me even on 1.28 beta, so you should get rid of that Mexico mod.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information