New Mexico is out!

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
MYE2001

17 Mar 2017 19:44

stoked_dude wrote:The further they go east, the smaller are the states, and the less time it is going to take to release a state. The western states are as big as entire countries in Europe, people should take that in consideration. France is one of the largest European countries, so expect a USA dlc to consist of 3 states.
But aren't eastern states more dense? Wouldn't this increase time required to build these states.

Callipso
Donation rank:

17 Mar 2017 21:31

Not necessarily, the area around the Appalachian mountains, West Virginia, Mississippi, Alabama, and South Carolina are not very densely populated. The population density increases as you go toward the Northeastern quarter of the country, East of Ohio and above North Carolina. Only one state in the Northeast stands out from that trend is Maine which is quite rural farther from the coast.

gmtavares

18 Mar 2017 22:20

Do you think that NM will be included with another state along with it? :P
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2017 22:28

Only state I see being included with NM are states like Utah, Colorado, Texas, Sonora, Baja California, etc.

gmtavares

18 Mar 2017 22:56

RoadRageDude wrote:Only state I see being included with NM are states like Utah, Colorado, Texas, Sonora, Baja California, etc.

You just stated pretty much all it borders + Baja california... But I don't think that that would be a combination to happen. :P For me, the "triade" would be Utah+Colorado+New Mexico
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

Callipso
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2017 23:07

I wouldn't hold my breath for those Mexican states you just mentioned.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2017 23:39

I know they are just desert but when SCS gets round to Mexico in XX amount of years it will be the start of Central and South Americas.

Terrius_Rex
Donation rank:

25 Mar 2017 02:46

what somebody said earlier has made me think - what if SCS sold a DLC, parts of which were incomplete. As in - to get New Mexico we would buy a pack including Utah & Colorado that we would get when they were finished. Similar to the new 'season pass' trend of DLC purchases.

Personally I would be quite happy if they took this route, but does it make economic sense for them? would other people like that?

Callipso
Donation rank:

25 Mar 2017 22:46

I like finished maps myself. Just like I like my game finished and not released with a ton of unplayable bugs still attached to it.

RustyShackleford
Donation rank:

30 Mar 2017 20:16

anyone expecting bundles at this stage is going to be disappointed i think. all of the states are big, i dont know how many of you are from overseas or just dont travel and realize that. a bundle of just 2 western states is already bigger than france which took over a year to come out. they will release one at a time until they get to the northeast where there are small states and they will sell one at a time because the model of selling individual dlcs has been successful. now they have said they are hiring and expanding so i would love to be proven wrong but thats how i see it. even if they start making them fast i think it will still be one state at a time.
i was really hoping for oregon as well, i expected utah, but here is nm which is fine. more desert isnt my first choice either but its fine. im waiting for colorado as well want to see what scs will do with my home region haha.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information