Status of the Promods for ATS

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Davyddin
Donation rank:

22 May 2018 13:58

pmax330 wrote:
20 May 2018 13:52
regarding "moral and ethical grounds" i dont really bother wasting my time on such things.
You, sir, represent all that is wrong with the world.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

loupdargent

22 May 2018 14:08

And beside that, i remember a post of Mandelsoft, saying that the Mario map isn''t worth it because it's a real mes and not up to date.
Honnestly almost all quality maps are compatible together, and we can find the exact load order on this forum, i always follow it and never had any issues, NEVER.

Sorry for the off-topic

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

23 May 2018 10:06

loupdargent wrote:
22 May 2018 14:08
And beside that, i remember a post of Mandelsoft, saying that the Mario map isn''t worth it because it's a real mes and not up to date.
That's not the main reason why MandelSoft said that.

Mario is a thief, and puts map mods together which shouldn't be together (Like TSM and ProMods). And he does that without any permission of the map authors.

[/offtopic]
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

loupdargent

23 May 2018 14:36

that's why i said "beside that" ;)

angrybirdseller
Donation rank:

24 May 2018 06:20

Mario steals it theft simple as that. ATS when scs is done update the base map then it worth looking at it again. Right now, ATS is so good that a lot less room to improve it. When ETS2 came out nobody ancipated the game being really popular and modders were adding and improving the ETS2 base map.

dkokales
Donation rank:

25 May 2018 02:03

Getting back on topic...

Regarding modders not having an incentive to work on the ATS map because: 1) SCS keeps overwriting old areas, and 2) it is obvious how they will expand the map.

Why not use point 2 to your advantage? I think it's rather obvious SCS will build the US map from the west to east. I think it's just as obvious this will take them a very long time, years. Why not start ATS mods on the east coast and work west? The east coast of the US contains more varied terrain, and more cities, than the west. It's an area you can be reasonably confident that SCS won't get to for years, allowing many people to enjoy your map in the meantime. You could connect it to the SCS west coast map via rail, which would essentially be ferry connections over land. Or, just make an independent map with SCS assets. If I were planning on making a map for ATS, that's probably how I would approach it. Just wondering if anyone has considered this approach and what they think of it.

Jbte

25 May 2018 17:03

"1) SCS keeps overwriting old areas, and 2) it is obvious how they will expand the map."

1) There can be a mod over SCS areas, but have to contain unique stuff that competes or makes even better the map area than SCS did, so you don't have to replace it when SCS updates it. If it happens to be a neighbor sector, then simply update the neighboring sectors and keep an area you will continue working (same sectors around you mod map area), so no problem.

2) Yes, they will expand the map, but If you make sure that if your work is worth of usage (mean you did an outsanding work including assets for it), it can be better to keep using your map mod even if SCS expands to that area. Obiuosly you have to keep it updated so I doesn't have to look "old" when SCS reaches that area. I'm sure people will prefer your original mod of that particular area if it contains quality content.

This is my project map in ATS;
https://www.facebook.com/MexicoExtremoATS

I would love to start a new promods project from that area; I also plan to expand to west Texas (El Paso) and probably remodel some areas in New Mexico state. If this works as an incetive for a new promods map in ATS, I offer my help.

loupdargent

25 May 2018 20:40

Hi Jbte,

i'm using your mexico extremo map which is really great, i even donated to you and will continue to support your project in the future. You are making Mexico an awsome place to explore and you have clearly the level to join promods team.

Shiva

26 May 2018 01:08

Jbte so Viva México Map + Mapa Mexico Extremo ATS = Nice Mexico map?!
Downloaded and will drive someday. I am quite sure this map is the 1 I have read about earlier and tought that it is very interesting.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

ShirBlackspots
Donation rank:

28 May 2018 16:15

The Mario Map and the American Truck Map are both based off stolen mods, and usually use map mods that several versions out of date.

I wish there was a way to sabotage our maps so they cause problems for the user who download these maps. I thought about editing a special version of C2C where collisions have been disabled so people fall through the roads. Then uploading it to one of these mod sites.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information