After Oregon, which state would you like next?

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.

After Oregon, which state would you like next?

Washington
34%
Idaho
4%
Utah
24%
Colorado
9%
Texas
27%
Other
2%

Total votes: 588
CptCaribbean

22 Jun 2018 22:18

Let's wait for SCS to finish the vanilla ATS for now :D
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

mpiwowski
Donation rank:

24 Jun 2018 13:15

I would like to see Texas, because is the biggest :D

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

25 Jun 2018 15:35

I still vote for Alaska.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

brainiac
Donation rank:

25 Jun 2018 17:06

Although you know that it won't come for very long time?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

ottdog
Donation rank:

28 Jun 2018 03:11

Though I am initially from Washington and would love to see it in the game, the move that makes the most sense to me would be Utah. Idaho and Utah are the only two states left that have road access to the portion of the map that doesn't require a DLC purchase, and Utah has many more major road connections than Idaho. Then again, before they announced the Baltics I used the same logic to predict the next DLC for ETS would be the Balkans and was quite wrong.

The photo CptCaribbean shared is from Yakima, Washington, so that is a strong piece of evidence that at least one of their map teams are working on it.

On an unrelated note, how do you guys think SCS software will handle all the farming states between the Rocky Mountains and East coast? No offence to the millions of Americans working hard in these states to keep the rest of us well fed and producing many of the trade goods that run our economy, but cornfields aren't the most enthralling thing to drive through. We jokingly call them the "flyover" states for a reason.

Shiva

28 Jun 2018 06:09

ottdog, yep, I found that location, when Aves, linked to the blog over a month ago.

How they will handle the farming states?
Well... the cities will be something atleast :)
Instead of deserts, there will be fields :D

Could there be a possibility that they release both Oregon and Washington in a pack?

/edit:
From the SCS Software - ATS Stream Notes: June 27, 2018 "Reddit"
They are in the process of splitting the map team into different teams in order to work on projects at the same time. Two DLCs are already in pre-production stages. By the time Oregon is released, two teams will be working on two different states. They obviously did not confirm what the next DLC will be, but they're totally aware of complaints about the "hockey-stick shape" of the map and will be working to expand in multiple directions, squaring off the map.
Could Oregon = Oregon.
Or could it be Oregon + Washington?
Because Washington did look more than in pre-production stage.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

CptCaribbean

28 Jun 2018 11:20

On yesterday's stream, SCS announced that after the Oregon's release, there will be two teams facing 2 directions (so 2 DLCs in the same time). As there's an evidence that Washington is being released, the real question is: "Which will be the other one?". With that said, the unique 2 real options in here are Utah or Idaho and I'm betting more for Utah. So, after Oregon's release, the next DLCs will be Washington and Utah.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

corwin71
Donation rank:

13 Jul 2018 05:58

Idaho has some nice lakes, but it's a pretty small state, and much of it is very boring and samey. Boise is the only thing close to a large city, too. I can't imagine them releasing Idaho by itself.

I live in Oregon, so I'm looking forward to that. Utah and Washington would be a good and logical choices. Colorado would be a fun one.

nawnp

14 Jul 2018 22:51

I feel like given there location, Idaho and Colorado are not likely. However I'd love to see Colorado. Texas is unlikely given its size, its likely being worked under that second team developing the map. As one team will take years for that state. So that leaves Utah, which I hope they do add, since it is close to the center of the map, or Washington, which if they add, will close off the pacific coast, and is the most similar to Oregon, so we'll see.

deleted_user_8875

18 Jul 2018 00:46

Last edited by deleted_user_8875 on 22 Apr 2020 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
I am sorry.. but I had to go...

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information