After Oregon, which state would you like next?

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.

After Oregon, which state would you like next?

Washington
34%
Idaho
4%
Utah
24%
Colorado
9%
Texas
27%
Other
2%

Total votes: 588
Shiva

07 Oct 2018 18:50

My bet for next years DLC's, if 2 are released:
Washington and Utah.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

ottdog
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2018 19:55

Hello guys!

So Oregon has been released (yay!) and SCS are likely mid-development for at least one state as we speak. Since speculation is fun, I made a map to speculate what roads will be likely in an Oregon expansion, and now I am extending it to future DLC's. Right now it has only Utah on it, but I am planning on adding Washington speculation in the next couple of days/weeks. (I am not convinced that Washington will be next, but there is enough evidence pointing to it that I'd call it a toss up.

So here's the map:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uglqx ... sp=sharing

The blue roads and towns are the ones that are available to players upon purchasing the game (I don't care if Arizona is a DLC, I didn't have to pay more than the base cost to get it).

Orange roads are the paid DLC

While we don't have any confirmed roads or towns on the map yet (except maybe US 101 into Washington), a dark red is used to show routes and towns that have been Explicitly mentioned by official, not leaked, SCS resources.

Black roads are very likely places to be included, with lighter shades of grey showing less and less likely locations

And new to this version (since we already have done a round of speculation) is the "False Predictions" tab. This will be off by default, but when turned on, it will show roads I got wrong in purple, with darker purple equating to roads we thought would be more likely.

Now let us start [s]a debate over which state is next before SCS makes some kinda announcement[/s] speculating!

Shiva

08 Oct 2018 07:18

Seattle, Yakima and Spokane, those I would put on the Very likely Washington cities.
I-82, US 92 betwen Yakima and Oregon border.

US 26? I would not yet count that out of future Oregon updates. Clifton was added to Arizona.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.

bigfoot31415926
Donation rank:

08 Oct 2018 14:40

Up until recently, I was convinced Utah and Washington would be the next 2 states. However, someone pointed out that on https://americantrucksimulator.com/ the map has Utah and Idaho outlined and Washington is not. This would also make sense because Utah and Idaho are the last 2 states that would connect directly to the "base" map.

Speculating about mapping Idaho. Obviously they will have I-84 and I-15 in southern Idaho with the likely cities being Boise, Twin Falls, Pocatello, and Idaho Falls. They would then probably continue US-95 all the way up and at least connect it to I-90 and maybe all the way to Canadian border and populate it with some of the smaller towns along the way, maybe New Meadows, Lewistown, Coeur d'Alene, Sandpoint and Eastport. And finally, maybe extend US-93 past Twin Falls and pick up some small towns like Sun Valley, Challis and Salmon.

(I'm from Ohio and never been to Idaho, so all speculation on my part is from studying Google Maps. And it's sometimes hard to tell which towns are significant or historically important by looking at a map. Hopefully, someone with more intricate knowledge of Idaho can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong) :D

Shiva

08 Oct 2018 17:49

Ahhh...
I found that map bigfoot31415926.
I'll continue to lean on the Wahington, Utah line, until proven wrong :)
If they would share bits of Idaho, that would be a nice bonus :)

Idaho stats, largest cities and towns:
1 Boise
2 Meridian
3 Nampa
4 Idaho Falls
5 Pocatello
6 Caldwell
7 Coeur d'Alene
8 Twin Falls
9 Post Falls
10 Lewiston

On Google Maps it is as this: Idaho city run. Alternative view.
Boise, Meridian, Nampa and Caldwell very close to each other.
So possibly Boise and maybe Nampa?
Idaho Falls and Pocatello.
Maybe Coeur d'Alene, but it is very close to Spokane. And Post Falls is even closer, so my bet is that PF will NOT be in.
Twin Falls.
Lewiston, it is grayish on the usa.dds from 1.32Beta. I guess it will be in at latest when Idaho gets in.

So... Boise/Nampa, Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Coeur d'Alene, Twin Falls, Lewiston.

Smaller possible places:
Dubois "reststop + fuel" Farming.
Salmon, and/or Challis "fuel/sleep" Timber
McCall if ID-55, if not, then US 95 and New Meadows. "fuel/sleep"
Ashton "fuel/sleep", too close to Idaho Falls? US 20 towards West Yellowstone, Montana.
Montpelier "fuel/sleep"

Example, without Montpelier.

/edit:
I totally forgot Bonners Ferry in northernmost Idaho! Three Mile Station truck stop, just north of it.

CptCaribbean

08 Oct 2018 21:29

Going a little bit off-topic now, what I was not expecting is that SCS hasn't included U.S.26 starting in U.S.101, crossing Portland and joining U.S.20 in Vale. It's a quite important route, I guess there is space for adding it and now between U.S.395 and U.S.97 there's a huge gap. It may be included in a future version. At least by now we're getting a bit of it between Mt. Vernon and John Day.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Shiva

08 Oct 2018 22:38

CptCaribbean, regarding that road. I would not be surprised if they add it someday.
But currently there ain't any good connections, except the stretch you mentioned.
And Oregon Route 126, east from Redmond? that connects to US 26. "North of Bend".
In Portland easiest atm, would be either to extend I-205 south, until it unites with US 26.
Or use Exit 17 on I-84 and connect the road going south to US 26.
Vale, west of Ontario, there a connection would have to be added.

But US 26 between US 101 and Portland, that I would bet on not coming. By SCS.

ottdog
Donation rank:

09 Oct 2018 17:18

I just realized that I posted my updated speculation map here instead of as a new thread. Derp. Anyway, I am going to look into all that stuff that you guys pointed out. All your posts have been moved to the new thread as Quotes.

Stilgar
Donation rank:

17 Oct 2018 08:18

great work ottdog 😁

Both states have be done one way or they other

Washington : we have then the complete west coast states

Utah: important connection state and to build more on the "L-side" of the map

I expect texas 2020 or even later not only because of it's size but also would it expand the "L-Format" of the standard map
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg

Audi1merc2
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2018 21:57

tbh I want a ferry to Hawaii lol

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information