ProMods for ATS

Ask questions about the ATS mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
TruckNCook

05 Dec 2019 04:44

It would mean the world to me if you started on ProMods for ATS (States). I would love to see much more cities, highways, etc.

Thank you!

brainiac
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2019 09:43

"Promods" for the USA is Sierra Nevada or team Reforma. The same level of details, wider freeways,... It and Promods are only 2 mods that don't replace its work completely with new DLCs.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2019 09:57

Since ATS is still under constant development it makes no sense for us to start working on US states.

With that in mind we started a project this year, aiming on adding Canada to the game. More about his can be read here: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=28751
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

tantalus

08 Dec 2019 21:29

brainiac wrote:
05 Dec 2019 09:43
"Promods" for the USA is Sierra Nevada or team Reforma. The same level of details, wider freeways,... It and Promods are only 2 mods that don't replace its work completely with new DLCs.
What a joke, please dont compare the work done in promods with the buggy and unoptimized team Reforma.

For ATS there is nothing compared to promods or the scs vanilla content. Mexico Extremo gets closer in terms of quantity of assets, but there are still so many ignored bugs and performance issues in many cities that makes the mod completely inferior quality compared again, with scs or promods.

When Canada promods hits, now THAT is going to be the first ATS map with enough quality all around to be compared with SCS Vanilla or ETS promods.

Again, dont get me wrong, i love the maps of team Reforma (and i also love Viva Mexico) but i tried version after version to see many bugs fixed without avail, and to see some cities redesigned to be more performance friendly and nothing ever happened. The author seems to ignore completely it since a couple of versions ago and he seems to jump from project to project without really finishing optimizing the ones he is already in development. Its a shame.

C2C also have some sectors with amazing quality, if i can remember right the east coast, specifically from Kansas (not included) down-east around FL, there is some quailty work done there. Unfortunately other parts of the same mod to the west are a complete desert. But well, better to have roads to drive by and reach some cities that have just two cities and nowhere to go....

loupdargent

12 Dec 2019 00:25

You are quite exagerating @tantalus, Team Reforma IS, in terms of quality (i'm speaking here about details and realism) comparable to promods. Now you get the point about bugs, Mexico Extremo still have sevreal bugs, but the authors didn't abandonned it, they were busy on Sierra Nevada reworks, which will be as bug free as possible when the free version will come out, many bugs are reported and fixed everyday on the project's discord.

After that they will come back to Mexico Extremo to develop Chihuahua state, and they will continue to fix bugs in old parts. Keep in mind that they are only two peaple for all this work. Promods have dozens of developers. So yes, nothing beats promods yet, but Team Reforma is improving and can already compete with it.

Nebdeath

12 Dec 2019 02:26

I'm enjoying Sierra Nevada, but would love to see Promods in ATS as well. For a bit Sierra Nevada was getting daily updates. They've slowed down now. Last I drove around was a few days ago for a few hours version 2.2.1 Only noticed some odd mountain textures here and there the oddest of times.

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2019 09:47

Back to topic please, this topic is not about Sierra Nevada!
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

brainiac
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2019 13:16

Can you make a new topic about it with these posts?
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

DannyKR

01 May 2020 00:33

I have a question about the rumors.
I have now heard the rumor that there will soon be a map map for ATS.
Is this rumor correct and if so do you already know a date for the release?
It would be really good to get an answer.

Greetings from Germany
Danny

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

01 May 2020 00:38

No Support via PM!

Return to “Questions & Feedback ATS”

• Information