Game crash - Syntax Error with shadowonly.mat

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
GustSergeant
Donation rank:

13 Oct 2017 16:51

I was cruising from Kassel to Berlin when my game crashed as I was going over an exit ramp. am trying to understand what could be causing the conflict from my game.log...

game.log

iDejavu

13 Oct 2017 18:24

i downloaded promods and game lagging me a little , before i have no lags ... what could be problem ?

ScuL
Founder

14 Oct 2017 00:04

Shadowonly.mat seems to be related to a vehicle/truck mod
iDejavu wrote:
13 Oct 2017 18:24
i downloaded promods and game lagging me a little , before i have no lags ... what could be problem ?
Please create your own topic
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

mads1153
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2017 00:26

I have heard this mod can cause issues with Promods:

Code: Select all

00:10:02.135 : [mod_package_manager] Mod "Real European Gas Stations Reloaded" has been mount. (package_name: mod_workshop_package.0000000042E7C80F, version: 1.28.1 , source: Steam Workshop)
This mod is so awesome :D

Using Promods Europe 2.68 and ProMods Canada 1.2.5a
ETS2: Level 118 and played 5227,8 hours
ATS: Level 46 and played 796,3 hours

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 28 September 2018
ProMods Moderator since 6 January 2022

GustSergeant
Donation rank:

14 Oct 2017 04:50

mads1153 wrote:
14 Oct 2017 00:26
I have heard this mod can cause issues with Promods:

Code: Select all

00:10:02.135 : [mod_package_manager] Mod "Real European Gas Stations Reloaded" has been mount. (package_name: mod_workshop_package.0000000042E7C80F, version: 1.28.1 , source: Steam Workshop)
I've played quite a bit with that mod already, and the only issue I've had was a failure to load textures leaving me with bright pink gas stations (redownloading the mod worked). I would like real gas stations so if you can think of a replacement I am all ears.

Thanks for confirming that for me ScuL, I had suspected that to be the case...

I think I'm suffering from a broader corruption of my disk drive, as a similar error has caused the game to crash, because one of my mod's data became corrupted (Jazzycat Trailer Pack). If this is the case, I am trying to determine my next course of action. The hard drive is barely a year old so I cannot fathom why it would be failing this early. BTW it is a Seagate 2TB Barracuda I believe...

Edit: I came to the same junction and experienced the same error, after suffering from corruption errors in my trailer packs (and re downloading them). I am going to sequentially remove my mods to try to find the culprit (though I cannot remove any truck related mods), but I hate how long it takes to load and figure it out....

GustSergeant
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2017 04:02

Update: I discovered the root of the issue, and it was ProMods itself; it was some corrupted data attached to a forklift model I think. I replaced the bad files, I crossed the same junction and it didn't crash. However, this is the like the 3rd time this week my game has crashed from corrupted mod data, forcing me to "re-validate" my files.

Ok, so problem solved, right? well...

I took a job from Berlin, headed to Poland. Somewhere in between - you guessed it - my game crashed and I'm back to square 1. Here's the log:

It's something to do with a billboard, and now I need to start guessing again which mod it is attached to. :roll:

Master_of_the_roads

15 Oct 2017 05:42

That billboard-related problem is most likely caused by some left-overs from the PR team, PM are doing rebuilds of Poland one piece at a time, but can't cover these areas so quickly if they don't get enough location-specific developers. As for your hard drive problems, you should back-up all your needed files and documents as soon as possible and order a new hard drive, investing in a SSD drive is a very sound option, the game will load even faster, except in those situations with heavier mods installed and running in your profile, with Promods of course.

As far as those shadow syntax errors are concerned, disabling the shadows in the game settings, will take care of those quickly, tested many times on my computer and it works, if you get some other warnings in the game console, just ignore them, the errors are more serious and should be taken more importantly.

Based on your own findings there is a mod conflict somewhere in the game, also if disabling some of the mods didn't help or created new issues, then those files themselves are corrupt, replacing them with compatible with Promods, will also take care of any of these issues. Best you can do right now, make sure you have all the latest Jazzycat mods, ohaha etc. and up to date, also selling any of your previously owned trucks before disabling the mods, will do the trick better.

Try these suggestions and in the worst case scenario rewrite or delete your main game profile then piece by piece reinstall all your mods into the manager, carefully, following official PM guidelines how to combine the mods sucessfully.

Best regards and happy trucking.😎

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

15 Oct 2017 14:52

No Support via PM!

GustSergeant
Donation rank:

16 Oct 2017 00:46

I am aware of this, and I have stopped using that mod, using the Promods addon instead. What I am using is Real European Gas Stations Reloaded by ExiaRS, which hasn't caused conflict before, but, I did remove it for the sake of testing.

Now, I'm not sure if removing that or revalidating all my mods - AGAIN - did the trick, but I passed the same point and didn't crash. Of course, that wasn't before several other things happened:

>game spawns truck then CTDs because some Jazzycat mod data was corrupted. Revalidated
>Game gets hung up at the map loading part because the data was unreadable or something (Basically, corrupted). Revalidated Game files
>Decide to test all files w/7zip. Promods file fails. Revalidated.
>Game loads fine for once, I finish my delivery than call it because it was late
>Decide to play today and 2 Promods files had 0KB. Even the source files were {{corrupted}} . Revalidated.

It's not just ETS2, 3 of my other games had to be revalidated through steam. The writing's on the wall, and it says "my hard drive is failing"; after only a year which I can't believe. EVERY DAY the past two weeks I run chckdsk and it finds errors, but my OEM 4 year old secondary drive is golden. I am going to have to go to the store I bought it from and see what they can do about it. The good news is, this is my 2TB 'storage' drive which means Windows isn't installed on it. The bad news is that it's too small to take all the data from the other (174GB space on C: vs 950GB data on A:). so I am not sure what I canso to move it. The data is fine for now, but I won't wait until it's 'not fine'.

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information