32bit or 64bit

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Master_of_the_roads

08 Feb 2017 14:27

In that case, having a laptop and overclocking the processor is a bit risky, your friend is right, so far successful overclocking was done only with PC computers, I also have a friend who knows around the stuff and he told me to be careful with laptops as they behave differently.

They also require a good cooling system, they frequently experience heat shocks, also a known risk when dealing with high-performance sofwares and games. Changing from 1,5 to 2,2 GHz would solve some problems but cause others as well, don't do it unless absolutely sure about the consequences or consult your friend again for advice, AMD's are known for their ability to overclock the CPU and GPU, but should be done carefully and safely, with expert guidance of course.

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2017 14:55

Many thanks Master_of_the_roads, all shall be taken for great contemplation.

I just wish I could afford a decent tower unit :(
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

Vøytek
Developer

08 Feb 2017 15:08

Well, that CPU looks like a really slow unit so I won't expect good performance. Actually, it's below minimum requirements I think, especially that you're using a laptop. For gaming, I always suggest desktop PC, it'll be much cheaper than a laptop with the same specs.

DDR2 memory is a very old standard. For several years (6-7?) DDR3 is used and DDR4 is what you're looking for these days ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2017 15:30

I'll have to take you word for it hahahaha
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

09 Feb 2017 23:44

On another note, after attempting to run in 64-bit, then realizing that I'm going about the whole process wrong (I didn't bother in the end, father brought fish and chips which is wholly more fun), I carried on with 32-bit and noticed that the fps had increased ever so slightly, not so much that it was like 'holy cow', but more of a nice little treat.
Anywho, I'll start a new profile tomorrow (he says), and let ya'll know if it works or if I get eaten by tigers.
Last edited by Vøytek on 09 Feb 2017 23:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: MIND YOUR LANGUAGE

metpei

10 Feb 2017 15:36

This is very cheap but powerful modern setup:
http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardw ... m-for-650/

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

10 Feb 2017 16:21

That's a very very competitive price, $650 base price has kinda taken me a back to be honest, I never thought I would be able to realistically afford a good solid gaming unit....£521 (uk).....WOW

I definitely gonna sell my Pokemon cards (full gen 1 set, never handled) now, just to buy this, but only if I can get one in purple lol

MANY MANY thanks for this link dude, you've made me a really happy man today!

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

10 Feb 2017 16:54

Sorry Zwinek, I get lost in typing and don't realise what I'm saying. :oops:

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information