32bit or 64bit

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2017 02:40

Hi guys, been running ETS2 in 32 bit since day one, only just found out I can run it in 64 bit, now here's the problem. Every time I open the game in 64 bit, it loads about 3/4 the way (on the loading screen) then freezes and I have to ctrl alt del to get to the desktop to close the program.

Is the issue my lack of steam or have I done something wrong? I'm totally stumped as what to do, I have no issue playing in 32 bit, I merely found myself curious as to what it would be like in 64 bit.

Thanks guys!
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

JayCetic

08 Feb 2017 07:34

Please provide the game.log
Jay
------------------------------------------------------------------
The journey is more important than the destination.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2017 09:37

I'm not sure how to do that, I know very little about this sort of thing.
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Feb 2017 09:59

https://www.promods.net/help.php?mode=crashing
Check the last section of this article
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2017 10:20

Code: Select all

<script src="//pastebin.com/embed_js/y5GLmy4Q"></script>

I have no idea what I'm doing so if this doesn't work then I'll just forget it and carry on in 32bit.

EG0611

08 Feb 2017 13:11

Delete all mods, then setup only Promods 2.12 since you don't have France DLC and try game again.

Master_of_the_roads

08 Feb 2017 13:21

It may have to do with the fact that 64-bit version requires more RAM, the best RAM system for computers is DDR2 and higher, having a better and powerful computer also helps. Mostly has to do with the fact that the game engine still uses the older more obsolete DirectX9 rather than the nowadays more standardized DirectX11 and 12. Windows meets almost all game requirements, regardless of having Windows 7, 8 or 10.

Could you share with us your PC specs ?

Running the game in 32-bit is helpful, especially for troubleshooting and pinpointing problems. You could also try to do a clean install of the game, from scratch, but without deleting your user profile, assuming the profile didn't belong to an older version of the game or had associated mods installed in the mods manager. With your profile intact, you can resume where you left temporarily.

Try and see if that did the trick, if not, you can always contact the PM developers and support team. Glad to have helped. Happy trucking. ;)

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2017 13:34

I'm using a fairly boring computer:
a Lenovo G-505, AMD A4-5000 APU radeon hd 1.50GHz
8gb ram (upgrade from the original equipement 4gb)
64 bit OS and x64 based processor

I would reinstall, but I've been playing since about 1.12 and would go in to a homicidal rage if I lost all my progress.

I doesn't help that I'm totally hopeless with computers, I can turn it on and play games but not much else; it took me 3 hours to put another 4gb of ram in!

Master_of_the_roads

08 Feb 2017 13:48

Don't worry, if you have a friend or more with computer skills, sure you can ask them.

As for the specs, yes, they don't allow a more stable experience with the game, but it's not only your computer's fault, it's also the obsolete game engine that can't cope with the latest standards in gaming industry. I know from my personal experiences, being a slave to the modern gaming industry is a proverbial pain in the ass, buying new technologies every two years is a bit stupid, you know better to do otherwise, because it eats away money.

Your PC system 64-bit is good, the CPU frequency could be improved upon, to say 3 GHz, and your RAM isn't that bad either, having 8 GB of it, helps, especially DDR2 or higher.

Remember, no one is born a computer expert, it takes a lot of practice and patience, that's also a virtue. ;)

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

08 Feb 2017 14:17

Master_of_the_roads wrote:Don't worry, if you have a friend or more with computer skills, sure you can ask them.

As for the specs, yes, they don't allow a more stable experience with the game, but it's not only your computer's fault, it's also the obsolete game engine that can't cope with the latest standards in gaming industry. I know from my personal experiences, being a slave to the modern gaming industry is a proverbial pain in the ass, buying new technologies every two years is a bit stupid, you know better to do otherwise, because it eats away money.

Your PC system 64-bit is good, the CPU frequency could be improved upon, to say 3 GHz, and your RAM isn't that bad either, having 8 GB of it, helps, especially DDR2 or higher.

Remember, no one is born a computer expert, it takes a lot of practice and patience, that's also a virtue. ;)

I mean, as a base unit, the G-505 is a very stable and hardworking laptop, I've dropped it more times than I care to recall!
As for the CPU frequency, is that overclocking? I did think about having that done, but a friend said as my laptop is AMD it would be liable to heat damage, would increasing from 1.50GHz up to aaound say, 2.2GHz have a dramatic effect?
BTW tell me to zip it if this is too much haahaha

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information