Problems steering

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
PeterVeter

21 Jun 2017 20:15

Hi there,

I don't know if it is just me or the mod or anything but, when I try to steer just a tiny bit, sometimes it just swings my whole truck. It can't be another mod interfering since the only mod I have currently installed is ProMods map and Trailer+Truck pack from ProMods.
This can be very annoying if you're for example taking an exit and your whole truck just swings way too far, and with some really bad luck you will roll over.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

21 Jun 2017 20:17

Can you please show us your game.log?

Open it in notepad.exe and copy the content to www.pastebin.com. Provide the link here.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

dkokales
Donation rank:

22 Jun 2017 15:12

I've noticed this when using the following trailers (with or without tarp covering). You have to use the trailer brake to keep it from fishtailing even with trailer stability set to the highest level. I started having issues with this trailer with one of the latest SCS updates.
20170622100346_1.jpg
20170622100346_1.jpg (234.15 KiB) Viewed 1855 times

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

23 Jun 2017 07:40

I do not understand what you mean...

I never ever have any problems with fishtailing trailers. I haven't changed anything in my brakesettings either..
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

dkokales
Donation rank:

23 Jun 2017 12:07

Hi Volleybal, let me try to explain what I meant.

First, I'm not changing any settings either. I'm simply comparing how this trailer behaves to all other trailers. I only notice this behavior with these trailers, all other trailers behave normally.

When you are going downhill and enter a turn, if you start to brake with the normal truck brakes, it has a tendency to over-steer and spin-out. It feels like the trailer is pushing too much, as if not enough rolling friction or resistance is built into the trailer model. I'm not driving like crazy either, this can happen on normal highway turns going 65 or 70 kph.

I can try to make a video if that would help. I've not made a video of a game before so if you'd like one, some basic info on video format and where to post it would be appreciated.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

23 Jun 2017 12:52

You could post the vid in YouTube of course :)

I do understand your issue now. But I can't confirm it, I do not have any problems like that. Not while speeding (135km/h) nor while driving at normal speed (60-70 km/h).
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

Mike7O

23 Jun 2017 13:29

it's a shorter trailer than average, might be the physics causing that behavior
• If you think I know something - then think again •
no support via PM .... :shock: how rude :!: :?: :ugeek:

redcap.tm
Donation rank:

23 Jun 2017 19:14

This is not a mod issue. Had the same yesterday on Multiplayer with vanilla. Heared from experts, that this can happen, depending on the truck you use (i used the "default" scania with level 4 possibilities)

You can see this in my stream from yesterday (german) on minute 49:40 and also later on that trip in little curves on a normal highway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_2ce5DZ5oI

metpei

25 Jun 2017 12:14

It could happen with light truck and heavier load, if you use these "noob helps" in game options - gameplay - truck settings uncheck automatic retarder and automatic engine brake and use them wisely yourself!

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

13 Jul 2017 23:19

I can confirm this is the specific type of trailer that fishtails, nothing to do with ProMods. I myself use automatic gear controls and have the default settings for the truck, although my stability and braking are maxed out.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information