Not getting any jobs to iceland ! ???

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Gabe-777
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2017 22:44

Went all the way to the Faroe Island hoping for a short job to Iceland - nothing.... plenty over to Scandy though.

Reason for this ?
I5 7600k 4.2 Ghz / GTX 1060 6GB / 16GB DDR4 RAM 2400 HZ / Samsung Evo 850 SSD

ScuL
Founder

01 Nov 2017 23:01

Could be distance settings, it depends on the progress level (distance setting) of your profile
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

03 Nov 2017 02:11

yes works.
No Support via PM!

Gabe-777
Donation rank:

03 Nov 2017 09:20

Yes it appears I do.....but the issue is in the job market. In the brackets after the name of the tiwn it sais "is" instead of "ic". This looks just like 's' on my tv screen. So I cannot eadily see if it is an icelandic or swedish town !

I'll get used to it I guess.

bmwGTR

03 Nov 2017 10:22

Hi,

I think that you can guess that for example "Vestmannaeyjar" is in iceland, and not in sweden.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Nov 2017 11:00

Iceland uses [IS] (Ísland) as its country code. We use all official country codes. I mean, Germany isn't [GE] or [GER], but [D] (Deutschland), and Switzerland is [CH] (Confoederatio Helvetica) and not [SWI].
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Gabe-777
Donation rank:

03 Nov 2017 12:15

Yeah sure. I get it. Just have to peer harder at my screen to spot the difference between (IS) and (S). ... ! No worries. Just need new spectacles maybe !

Edit:
bmwGTR wrote:
03 Nov 2017 10:22
Hi,

I think that you can guess that for example "Vestmannaeyjar" is in iceland, and not in sweden.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
Lol.....! No I cannot. I am British. These long names all sound the same to me I'm afraid.

Do you know where Scunthorpe is ? What about the myriad of common town names in both America and the UK.

Have you heard of Tyn y Groes ? Tonypandy ? Merthry ?

Exactly..... to me.... obviously British and Welsh repectively. But a name like that is probably Scandinavian at best.... or even somewhere from Eastern Europe. But the real confusion is Sweden vs Denmark vs Finland vs Iceland vs Norway. All sound the same to me, and all constantly dark and damp.

For a Brit..... it could be in any of the those countries. Would you recognise Italian vs Spanish towns ? Where is the town of Gavin ? A little town in Andorra I believe.... and I bet there are more around the world. So, what's obvious to a Northern European, may not be to somewhere from Eastern Europe.

The little dots above letters doesn't help either. I'm playing on 50 inch TV 9 foot away at 1080p.... so making out the tiny writing on the screen is also difficult. So, as I said in my OP.... I literally cannot distinguish between " (IS) " and " (S) " on my screen !

Anyway, I digress.

........Basically, no one in Britain will recognise the difference between a Swedish, Icelandic or Danish place name. Not a chance. UNLESS.... they know !..... And we're not all well travelled geography majors, or cunning linguists !

Most people that live in Mexborough (that's in Yorkshire, not Spain or a South American country) have never left the place. They don't own an atlas, and may have been to Alicante for a holiday. But mainly, existed between the coalmines and the pub.... until they all but closed down. Now they just live in pubs, and caves.

So.... until I start to recognise them, the abbreviations are helpful. And all you'll get from a Yorkshireman if you patronise them, is a wierd slanty glare !

Right, I'm off to the pub, to glare at the landlord, and discuss the etymological differences between Icelandic and Norwegian philososophy. Or maybe I'll just chuck a Pukka pie down me neck.
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 05 Nov 2017 09:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information