Can't see the extra cities

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Moredhel

03 Nov 2017 22:34

Hey guys, been a while since I played, but today I upgraded ETS2 to 1.28, bought Vive la France (I already have the others), downloaded v2.2 by donating a dollar, extracted the files into the mod map (including the DEF file), started the game and saw the mods. I activate them all, create a new profile, and want to select a city, but all I see is the normal ones! I retried downloading and extracting, but I have the same problem. When restarting the game I see the mods aren't activated, so I tried it again and again, but it doesn't work. Can anyone help?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Nov 2017 23:31

How does the map look like in-game then? Please post a screenshot, and please post a game.log too if you can.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Moredhel

04 Nov 2017 11:22

MandelSoft wrote:
03 Nov 2017 23:31
How does the map look like in-game then? Please post a screenshot, and please post a game.log too if you can.
The in-game map looks like the vanilla one. Game is up to date, all three DLC's are installed, mods activated, but it won't work.

Don't think there's a gamelog to be posted, as I quit the game manually (it doesn't crash), unless I can see why the game won't load v2.2?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

04 Nov 2017 11:37

It will show you what the game is reading and loading. That's why I asked for it; Game logs can be useful for other things too.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

Moredhel

04 Nov 2017 13:03

Here's the game.log:

I see it indeed has errors with spawning the extra cities. As for the "incompatible save loaded", I tried it both on my main profile and a fresh one.

Moredhel

04 Nov 2017 13:27

Wait, I see that that was for the MP version, but the SP file should be about the same.

Moredhel

04 Nov 2017 13:56

It's odd. In the SP I don't see any errors loading the extra cities, but they still don't show up on the map. I also don't understand why the game is checking TDM (The Dutch Map) so often. Yes, those files are in the mod map, but they aren't in use.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

04 Nov 2017 17:19

Something really strange is going on; the second log says that it does pick up the packages, but when you start your profile, your profile doesn't load any mods. It could be the case that this profile has no mods linked to it (if that's possible). It's the first time I see this bug...

Another tip: run the 64-bit version, so you can use all your RAM.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

Moredhel

04 Nov 2017 17:31

MandelSoft wrote:
04 Nov 2017 17:19
Something really strange is going on; the second log says that it does pick up the packages, but when you start your profile, your profile doesn't load any mods. It could be the case that this profile has no mods linked to it (if that's possible). It's the first time I see this bug...

Another tip: run the 64-bit version, so you can use all your RAM.
I do run the 64 version ;)

Maybe I need to tie the profile to the worldoftrucks account? Or can't I have multiple profiles connected to the one on WOT?

Darkfizch
Donation rank:

04 Nov 2017 17:43

Have you verified the integrity of your game files? It could be that something happened to your game.

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information