Time zone issue

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

09 Dec 2017 12:59

Hey there!

When I was crossing the border at Kirkenes into Russia, I noticed a timeshift of plus one hour. Apparently the game, since by default its set in summer thinks now CEST would be applicable. Is there a way to adapt it to the current time, CET?
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

ScuL
Founder

09 Dec 2017 23:38

The game takes place on June 21st, it is constantly June 21st, therefore CEST applies
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

james_kirk

14 Dec 2017 14:56

Pfc. Leyden wrote:
09 Dec 2017 12:59
Hey there!

When I was crossing the border at Kirkenes into Russia, I noticed a timeshift of plus one hour. Apparently the game, since by default its set in summer thinks now CEST would be applicable. Is there a way to adapt it to the current time, CET?
Do you use Promods + Rusmap with Rusmap and combination with Promods?
If so, you will have problems with time zone because the def's on Russia in the connection patch (Promods + Rusmap) do not have the time zone setting.
Solution:
Enter patch mod (Rusmap + Promods) - go to DEF >> COUNTRY >> and change the Russia.sii file to Russia.sii.bak

In this way, the Promods Russia.sii file that is correct goes into activity again and the MSK time becomes active for Russia.

Particularly he was having jumps of three and up to four hours, the Russian time (MSK) being the same as Finland (EEST) + 3 hours. I discovered this when I parsed the Russia.sii file from the promods connection patch. Intuitively the problem has been solved.

CAPLV
Donation rank:

14 Dec 2017 16:55

EEST=MSK, because in Russia isnt summer time anymore (some years)

btw.. i have no problems with time zones PM+RM combination.. check mod order.
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

15 Dec 2017 01:04

james_kirk wrote:
14 Dec 2017 14:56
Do you use Promods + Rusmap with Rusmap and combination with Promods?
If so, you will have problems with time zone because the def's on Russia in the connection patch (Promods + Rusmap) do not have the time zone setting.
Solution:
Enter patch mod (Rusmap + Promods) - go to DEF >> COUNTRY >> and change the Russia.sii file to Russia.sii.bak

In this way, the Promods Russia.sii file that is correct goes into activity again and the MSK time becomes active for Russia.

Particularly he was having jumps of three and up to four hours, the Russian time (MSK) being the same as Finland (EEST) + 3 hours. I discovered this when I parsed the Russia.sii file from the promods connection patch. Intuitively the problem has been solved.
Just did it, thank you. So yeah, intuitively it's been solved. I'll check next time I'm driving in Russia.

Oh, while we're at it, it just struck me that when playing the great steppe map we should be in +4 and +5 so that's quite a mark already.
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

Boris85

20 Dec 2017 22:53

Hello,

I hope I can post my question here, as this is similar to my problem.

I am using ProMods 2.25 + RusMap 1.75 and today was the first time I entered Russian part of the map. Time zones were enabled and a very strange thing happened - when I crossed from Poland to Belarus, my ingame time changed from 20:00 to 8:00 in the morning.

Is there a way to correct this?

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information