Crash game while exit

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
prolol

23 Dec 2017 16:51

Hi guys!
I have a problem when i try to exit game.
The game works fine, all perfect, but when i try to exit the game after a small pause of loading, I get the Windows error message "ets 2 stopped working" with the option "close the program".

The game saves and when I try to reopen it, it works fine. I have no idea why that error.

I have the last version 1.30.1.19s with all DLCs.
No use Promods
Mod list:
- ai_traffic_pack_by_Jazzycat_v6.4
- Real_Traffic_Density_and_Ratio
- SCANIA 3 v1.30
- SiSL's Mega Pack
- Sound Fixes Pack - ETS2
- volvo_fh12-16

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

23 Dec 2017 17:11

if you use only this 5 mods, then disable them step by step. then you will find out easily which one not work correct.
No Support via PM!

prolol

23 Dec 2017 17:33

Yes, but the mods work well during gameplay, no errors, no crash, nothing.
The problem occurs only at the exit from the game. I would like to understand just why this message and why only when I leave the game...

Vøytek
Developer

23 Dec 2017 19:34

Then do what Rudi suggested.
Disable them and then exit the game. Does it still crash?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

prolol

29 Dec 2017 19:25

Hi guys!
After this holidays i resumed the game and i turned them off one by one to figure out what it was, but the problem reoccurs the same...

I noticed, however, that the game has become very "heavy" at startup and sometimes I have a little lag especially when I enter the menu through "esc" or when I access the "radio" screen. The current PC configuration I have allows me to play medium-low details. Would it be an error due to only 4GB of RAM?
Besides, taking a look at the "gamelog" i noticed that there are many <errors> due to the sound buffers during the closing game procedure. Are they normal?

Master_of_the_roads

29 Dec 2017 21:25

Depends on which bit system does your computer use, normally a game with at least 4 GB of RAM should run smoothly in 64-bit mode of Windows, those with less than 4 GB of RAM should use only the 32-bit mode.

Promods assets take more memory sometimes, but eventually even the old DX9 engine currently in use by SCS developers will be replaced with the latest DX11 / 12 version for Windows and improve overall game performance by a greater factor. For now starting the game in 64-bit mode is highly recommended, unless of course your computer gets overpowered as a result.

Don't give up just yet, try this advice, if it fails to comply, upgrade your PC configuration, slowly. Also running the game on a SSD drive is a much better option because it needs less reads than a normal ''slower'' HDD variant and is much much faster than its HDD counterpart.

Ultimately it's down to how many mods are interacting with Promods and how many Promods addons are installed and loaded into the game sequence. Some users reported that some of the Jazzycat's traffic or trailer packs slow the loading sequence of the game, but that is a pure case of misfortune. Using the official Promods and addons load order saves much needed time to use the game responsibly without lags or crashes. ;)

Any sound mods, weather mods should be higher than the Promods files, those are the simple facts, for example Sound Fixes Pack by Drive Safely, should have the highest or second highest priority in the mods manager, unless using a weather or seasonal mod by Grimes, the latter should be the highest.

Updating to the latest most recent version of the game which is 1.30.2.2 Steam or non-Steam is highly recommended also.

Best regards and a happy and prosperous new year. :)

prolol

30 Dec 2017 00:37

Hi Master!
Thanks for the reply and happy new year to you too. :D

however, I am already playing in 64 bit mode and do not use the Promod Map (due to the dlc problem). The game is updated to the latest version 1.30.2.2.
Of course I do not give up :D and will investigate the problem. The last doubt that remains to me, reading better those <errors>, is trying to disable the mod of the Volvo f12. I have not done it before because it has never given me these problems before and I'm using it in my career. The errors seem connected to the sounds of that mod. Perhaps in the closing phase something goes wrong with the mod.

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information