Another Promods 2.27 crashing thread

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Scorpionote
Donation rank:

16 Jul 2018 16:15

Hey there, im returning to ETS2 after a break and just can't play it without promods, the game is a fresh install, no other mods are installed, only Promods 2.27, i have all the dlcs, including Italia.

I don't know what i did wrong here, load order is correct according to the "How To Install & Update ProMods [2.27]" Tutorial. I have downloaded it from the 1$ option so i can't use the file testing tool as i have only 1 archive. Any help is appreciated.

Game.log

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

16 Jul 2018 16:25

I see no crash in the log. Note that the first time you load ProMods, you may have to wait for a long time. This is because the game is caching all the routes. This takes 2 to 3 minutes at least, but depending on if you load it from an SSD or a HDD, it can take up to 15 minutes. Be patient and let it run.

This only happens the first time you load it; when it has built the route cache, it will load much, much faster in the next sessions.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Scorpionote
Donation rank:

16 Jul 2018 16:56

Yes i understand that, but it's crashing to desktop, not hanging on the loading screen, which if it would've been, i would just wait it out.

Edit: I tried to redownload and extract that archive to see if the other one was corrupt or something (also with a new def file), but it's still crashing to desktop at the loading screen.

Edit2: I fixed it. I searched around a bit and trying various things and i stumbled upon this https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?p=220112#p220112 linked by Josh0 on this thread viewtopic.php?t=24001

Apparently changing "uset g_force_economy_reset" in the profile's config.cfg from "0" to "1" fixes it. I didn't have to do anything like that in the previous versions of Promods/ETS2, so i don't know whats going on.

Thread can be locked.

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

16 Jul 2018 18:15

yeah it's a problem where nobody knows the answer for.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information