Special Transport DLC mod cargoes

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Daxelinho
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2018 18:53

I was trying to add a few mods for the special transport DLC, by name those two:

ETS2 [Trailer] Wind Turbine Tower and Blade with Special Transport DLC
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1307215139

ETS2 [Trailer] Airbus A319 Fuselage
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1544362337

If I try to load the game with ProMods and those two it will crash. The author wrote to me that it is a problem with ProMods and he can't do anything about it, the ProMods team has to. So I was wondering whether you can help me with this or implement an opportunity / fix to get it working in the next update, idk. All I want is to inform you that this bug / problem exists, if you work on it (maybe its a disproportionate amount of work) is all up to you.

-Daxelinho
Last edited by Davyddin on 12 Dec 2018 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to appropriate subforum

ETS2-User
Developer

12 Dec 2018 22:04

We don't have as many ST routes in ProMods as the original game does, because it's a lot of work to implement them. I'm sorry, this mod will remain incompatible for a long time yet.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Daxelinho
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2018 22:55

Ok, so it is decisive how many routes there are for the mod to work? Is every rout assigned with a special transport / cargo? I just want to understand the problem. :D

ETS2-User
Developer

12 Dec 2018 23:37

SCS made the definition files for ST routes more rigid than for other items. While for everything else you can just create your own new definition file and add as many strings from a theoretically infinite amount of mods, ST routes are read from a list that must have the same name as the original file and therefore has to include every single route you want to have activated in the game, which makes ProMods incompatible with any mods that add more ST routes than we have or remove one of our custom made routes.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information