The nodes in ETS2 map editor do not longer snap in place

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
bb_notleast
Donation rank:

03 Mar 2019 20:43

I am working with ets2 map editor since months and I have learned a lot about connecting roads and prefabs. Since six weeks I work on Promods-map. But now I have a problem that I couldn't solve, I have tried several days til now. Three days ago, at a moment's notice, the nodes didn't snap in place. If I move one node over the other, the other will be highlighted but they remain separated and I can move them away without pressing shift. This happens over the whole map - I tried Promods-map and pure SCS-map, even with an empty map (just opened with "edit").

However the maps work in the game. In addition I can for example move a sign to the right place, save the map, move it into mod folder and it would work correct when I start ETS2. But I cannot connect any road or prefab or fence etc.

Is there any entry in the windows registry or something else that I have found not yet?

bb

Vøytek
Developer

03 Mar 2019 22:36

Could you show us a video of this issue? Sounds strange.
Do you hold ALT when connecting them? Do you have "snap to ground" enabled or disabled? What nodes (colors, shape) are you trying to connect?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

bb_notleast
Donation rank:

04 Mar 2019 11:58

Yes, very strange. It was the same with all type of nodes, with hold ALT and without. It was like "Snap to nodes" was disabled.
But anyway, I just found out what to do. I disabled "Snap to grid" and the nodes snap in place at last.
OK, I now know what to do, but I do not understand what happend. In the last months I learned building and connecting roads works best with all 4 "Snap to..." enabled. Now I have to decide which to dis- and which to enable every time I want to connect two nodes? What has been changed?

Thanks Vøytek, your request put me once more into the map and to have a closer look at the "Snap to's".
bb

Vøytek
Developer

04 Mar 2019 13:05

That's my regular configuration of snap modes:
And I sometimes disable "Snap to ground", in few certain cases.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information