Ets2 Day/Night same length across whole map

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Slurpy2005

26 May 2020 20:31

I remember before on 1.36 there would be day length depending on the longitude, sun never sets in Svalbard and daylight at 5 am in Greece. Now when I installed 1.37 I tried global combo and while driving in Iceland I realize the sun sets at 9 pm and is fully night by 11:30 PM, before Iceland had 24 hour daylight when I was on 1.36. So to check if the global combo was causing this I removed all mods and checked if it was the same on vanilla, and it was. This might be a SCS problem but I don't know because I don't see anyone mentioning this so I have no idea. Daylight starts at 3 AM and ends at 11:30 PM which is what would be around Duisburg area. But the same thing occurs in Palermo and Istanbul which is too south to have that early and late daylight, but also in Bergen it is too short as it would be 24 hour daylight. With and without mods the sun does not change position if it's the same time despite differing locations from Bergen all the way to Palermo. Is this an SCS problem, is anyone else experiencing this? I clearly remember 1.36 having correct longitude adjusted daylight length.

Claus62

26 May 2020 22:21

I just happen to be in Messina - it's 10.30 pm and almost pitch dark - then I went with my camera to Longyearbyen and - surprise - it was dark there as well as long as I used the fly-camera modus - once I touched down via F9 it became daylight again - going back to Messina was the other way around - so if you just were checking via "goto xyz" without actually putting your truck on the soil, that's the explanation.
If you did touch down then some - probably - weather mod is messing your daylight up. What you could do is take the mod with the highest priority, open it with RAR / Zip and see if it contains a folder called "def",
if yes open it and see whether it contains a file called "env_data",
if yes open it with an editor, it should look something like this:

SiiNunit
{
env_profile : env.data {

lamps_on_elevation: 5.0

day_in_year: 172 //summer solstice
summer_time: 1 //+1 hour
}
}

if the day_in_year is anything but 172, then change it. If you lack the file, just create one using the editor and put it in the def folder of that mod (if the mod doesn't have it, you just create it as well) That should set your game back to normal. If you then delete these additions and the sun starts behaving erratically again, then you have an active mod that monkeys with that file - which means that you have to hunt for it by opening all your mods and looking which one(s) contain the env_data and modify accordingly, otherwise it was a remnant of an old mod you once loaded.

bmwGTR

27 May 2020 07:05

Hi,

there is already a mod out there which is doing this for you (is getting updated weekly):
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1061306287

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

27 May 2020 15:12

I use this mod that bmwGTR linked at the top of my mod list and I've had no issues with it in relation to other mods.

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information