Missing Roads etc. etc.???

For problems that are not caused by ProMods
Elmer BeFuddled

08 Jan 2015 21:04

When loading ETS2 v1.15.1 and PM 1.83, amongst other things I'm getting a couple of errors:

Code: Select all

<ERROR> Missing target link for ferry destination! (kdop_link.ferry.rostock)
<ERROR> Missing target link for ferry destination! (kdop_link.ferry.portsmouth)
When I look at the game map I see that there is no ferrry port icon for Rostock and as for Portsmouth.....

Well. There is no Portsmouth at all!!

I've also noticed (up till now) gaps on the map on the road from LeHavre to the Eurotunnel. Nothing north of Kiel towards Padborg/Esbjerg and finally Burg a. Fehmarn is a totally disconnected Hamlet with a single factory.

Are these just "conflicts" with the major updates that happened with the 1.15 update?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

08 Jan 2015 21:09

Can you please post your game.log? You can find this file in /documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/. Open it in Notepad and copy the content to http://www.pastebin.com. And provide us with the link.
That way we can help you effectively.

Also, if you use any other mods, disable those and try again. Promods 1.83 should work fine with ETS2 1.15.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

ZelvaCZ

08 Jan 2015 21:18

As mentioned above, we need your game.log.
It looks like you are using another mod, which overwrites ProMods map.

Fast (but not complete!) fix:
- rename all ProMods files, so they start with zzz. If they still are not last on your mod list, add more Z's unless they are, the map should work then
- other (map) mods can get corrupted

Elmer BeFuddled

09 Jan 2015 02:06

ProMods is currently not last in my Mods file so I'll try the "add zzz's to name" method first just to see if there is a conflict. Usually the PM Def file is placed last as I add my own stuff into it.

This is the first time I've ever seen this so it could well be a.n.other mod that is conflicting and I have a couple in mind. I'll report back later!!

ScuL
Founder

09 Jan 2015 02:08

If Portsmouth is not on your map then either our map files are not loading at all, or they are being "overruled" by another map mod
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Elmer BeFuddled

09 Jan 2015 03:21

No other Map Mods** are loaded, just ProMods and the default map.

However, on my test profile with the only mod loaded being ProMods with my (added to) ProMods Def file, all roads and towns show up perfectly so it has to be one of my other mods.
Of the two newest mods I suspected the map is still showing up correctly so I'm going to have to do an elimination check on all of the mods.

I'll report back with my findings if I ever get any!

EDIT!!
Without thinking, there was another Map Mod, Trickymap 1.2.scs. I disabled that and all roads now lead to Rome (as they say) again. Well, they would do if Rome was in the game maps to start with!! :D

Thanks all for your responses and giving me ideas on what to check for.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

09 Jan 2015 06:48

Glad we could help!

One day, all roads will lead to Rome, in Promods style :mrgreen:

Happy Trucking!
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Return to “Non-ProMods ETS2 problems”

• Information