Development on version 1.x (British Columbia Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
brainiac
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2019 17:31

"then that would mean that the red and amber lights from the left turn signal would be showing in the slot for the green and amber lights on the main signal."
I don't agree. I know how to make crossroad with semaphores.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

mcpish
Donation rank:

07 Jun 2019 01:11

Map is looking good, but if I may add a suggestion! The Sea to Sky highway north of Vancouver to Whistler is a MUST! :D

Also would love to eventually see the Icefields Parkway/Banff/Jasper, etc. Here's some examples of road videos I've recorded in the areas you plan to cover, hope it helps! I have lots of other road recordings/videos I've done of BC and Alberta on my channel too. Feel free to use them to help develop ProMods Canada :-)

Trans Canada Phil - Vancouver (Cambie to Stanley Park)

Trans Canada Phil - Kamloops

Trans Canada Phil - Okanagan Valley

Trans Canada Phil - Coquihalla Highway (Kamloops to Merritt)

Trans Canada Phil - Coquihalla Highway (Merritt to Briton Creek Rest Area)

Shiva

07 Jun 2019 02:20

mcpish, truck routes thru cities?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

07 Jun 2019 08:44

mcpish wrote:
07 Jun 2019 01:11
Map is looking good, but if I may add a suggestion! The Sea to Sky highway north of Vancouver to Whistler is a MUST! :D
For the first version we will not work towards that direction. Basically we only go north east from Vancouver.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2019 00:45

I saw people talking about traffic lights, maybe this video will help explain.

When the flashing green arrow is on, you have priority to turn left. When the arrow is off, but the solid green light is on, you can still turn, but you need to watch out and give way for vehicles travelling in the opposite direction.

Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

Drive Safely

09 Jun 2019 02:00

Awesome work! Looking forward to trying out ProMods Canada :)

mikerosoft667

09 Jun 2019 06:42

Hope future versions see further work to the North of Kamloops up through Valemont and Highway 16 both East and West. I've been a driver on those roads and there is some beautiful country up there. The Coquihalla would have been a challenge to get it right with some awfully big and long pulls on those roads. Will be great jaking down those hills as well.

East of Kamloops has some nice curvy roads and beautiful country to drive in. Hope you got those ugly curves pulling that hill east of Golden BC.

dclark12553
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2019 19:30

Will the lions gate bridge be available on the first version.

danielmadrawski
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2019 22:06

penguinaz wrote:
09 Jun 2019 00:45
I saw people talking about traffic lights, maybe this video will help explain.

When the flashing green arrow is on, you have priority to turn left. When the arrow is off, but the solid green light is on, you can still turn, but you need to watch out and give way for vehicles travelling in the opposite direction.

For those who were a bit confused about that flashing green arrow (just like I was before I googled it ;) ) : " A flashing green light on a traffic signal means the signal is pedestrian activated. So, when you approach a flashing green light, use caution, because the signal could be activated by a pedestrian at any time and you might have to stop and let the pedestrian to cross".

flight8050

10 Jun 2019 06:43

I am a huge fan of ATS. I learned of ProMods Canada several weeks ago as I commented over in the ATS forums on the ATS site where I am much more active over there. But with ProMods Canada now coming to ATS, I now have a reason to be a little bit more active over here. I am super pumped about you guys coming to ATS though. Over on the SCS forums, I been wishing and wishing and wishing that at least parts of BC releases with Washington. All along I knew it would be possible with Washington. It just turns out that ProMods will be that reason and not SCS. So thanks for dedicating time to an ATS project. I really look forward into seeing what you guys come up with. I refrain from using map mods but with ProMod's reputation, I am willing to make that one exception.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ATS”

• Information