Special Transport DLC compatibility

Ask questions about the mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
cdtjuk
Posts: 8
Joined: 26 Apr 2014 14:11
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2018 18:38

Trucker2223 wrote:
08 Jan 2018 18:30
it's ready when it's ready.
An idea of when it could be ready would be nice. I.E. we're 60% there or something. Saying "its ready when its ready" is a cop out clause and s**t customer service. There should be regular updates to your customers. Dont take their loyalty for granted. The last update was almost a month ago saying "We have successfully created 3 routes out of 17 in ProMods and this took us about 2 weeks to achieve."

hahnson
Posts: 39
Joined: 24 Jan 2014 18:51

11 Jan 2018 19:08

cdtjuk wrote:
11 Jan 2018 18:38
Trucker2223 wrote:
08 Jan 2018 18:30
it's ready when it's ready.
An idea of when it could be ready would be nice. I.E. we're 60% there or something. Saying "its ready when its ready" is a cop out clause and s**t customer service. There should be regular updates to your customers. Dont take their loyalty for granted. The last update was almost a month ago saying "We have successfully created 3 routes out of 17 in ProMods and this took us about 2 weeks to achieve."
For a customer service you need customers, for PM there aren't any customers and thus there is no customer service to be had / to be demanded!

remember this is a project the teammembers does for fun and without compensation in their spare time between other real life commitments. and then they gracefully share the creation with us, any updates they decide to share are completely at the teammembers own descretion and we must and should simply accept this. On an personal observation i can also understand if this compatibility is not prioritized as PM works as it should on ETS2 1.30 as is, it is simply the added features from the DLC that aren't available.

I find it a bit rude actually to put demand on free thing like this, myself i rather recently stopped providing a small software i'm making and still maintaining for myself because of similar demands from users that would not accept it was a project i did in spare time and when and if i had the time ...of course one might ask but then also accept the answer,
Last edited by hahnson on 11 Jan 2018 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Davyddin
Posts: 786
Joined: 22 Jun 2017 22:00
Donation rank:
Location: Helsingfors, Nyland, Finland
Contact:

11 Jan 2018 19:10

What hahnson said.
Image
Junior ProMods tester. Author of the Universal Name Packs.

Gammelsokken
Posts: 1
Joined: 16 May 2017 15:06
Donation rank:

11 Jan 2018 19:29

I am looking forward till its ready, And I dont mind waiting for a great job done good :)
And I think they are doing a hell of a job to please us users, And they said its a lot of coding to fit into promods, So i'll be patient and just wait for them to be ready when they are ready :)

User avatar
KrysEmlyn
Posts: 420
Joined: 17 Apr 2014 00:29
Donation rank:
Location: Clinton, WA
Contact:

12 Jan 2018 00:02

In the past, estimated release dates were given, but then people complained when those dates were overshot and tried to hold the ProMods Team's feet to the fire for missing the ETA.
As a result, ProMods no longer gives release dates (even estimated ones) and uses the "It's ready when it's ready" response to such inquiries. Blame the not so nice users of the past.

cdtjuk
Posts: 8
Joined: 26 Apr 2014 14:11
Donation rank:

12 Jan 2018 18:08

hahnson wrote:
11 Jan 2018 19:08
cdtjuk wrote:
11 Jan 2018 18:38
Trucker2223 wrote:
08 Jan 2018 18:30
it's ready when it's ready.
An idea of when it could be ready would be nice. I.E. we're 60% there or something. Saying "its ready when its ready" is a cop out clause and s**t customer service. There should be regular updates to your customers. Dont take their loyalty for granted. The last update was almost a month ago saying "We have successfully created 3 routes out of 17 in ProMods and this took us about 2 weeks to achieve."
For a customer service you need customers, for PM there aren't any customers and thus there is no customer service to be had / to be demanded!

remember this is a project the teammembers does for fun and without compensation in their spare time between other real life commitments. and then they gracefully share the creation with us, any updates they decide to share are completely at the teammembers own descretion and we must and should simply accept this. On an personal observation i can also understand if this compatibility is not prioritized as PM works as it should on ETS2 1.30 as is, it is simply the added features from the DLC that aren't available.

I find it a bit rude actually to put demand on free thing like this, myself i rather recently stopped providing a small software i'm making and still maintaining for myself because of similar demands from users that would not accept it was a project i did in spare time and when and if i had the time ...of course one might ask but then also accept the answer,
I pay for promods so surely that makes me a customer as im paying for a product. Its also not free. as i pay to support the team. Unlike you that sounds like you use the freebie link

User avatar
samuray
Posts: 178
Joined: 08 Oct 2013 19:42
Donation rank:
Location: Talsi, Latvia
Contact:

12 Jan 2018 18:15

No, you don't pay for Promods, you pay for download bandwidth. Promods is free.

User avatar
Davyddin
Posts: 786
Joined: 22 Jun 2017 22:00
Donation rank:
Location: Helsingfors, Nyland, Finland
Contact:

12 Jan 2018 18:21

Sometimes I use the free download server, sometimes (if I'm feeling impatient) the paid Payloadz server. Sometimes I make a small donation to the devs, since I like their work. I have never paid for the mod itself, and neither has anyone else. Neither am I a customer, nor is anyone else.
Image
Junior ProMods tester. Author of the Universal Name Packs.

User avatar
ETS2-User
Developer
Posts: 2867
Joined: 06 Aug 2014 22:34
Location: Oberösterreich resp. Vienna

13 Jan 2018 00:31

ProMods is free, because paid mods are illegal, simple as that. Whether you donate or use the paid download is entirely up to you. We don't host the paid download server, so we don't see the money you pay there. So no, you are not our customer.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Regional Coordinator for Central Europe

Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Image

hahnson
Posts: 39
Joined: 24 Jan 2014 18:51

13 Jan 2018 09:06

cdtjuk wrote:
12 Jan 2018 18:08
hahnson wrote:
11 Jan 2018 19:08
cdtjuk wrote:
11 Jan 2018 18:38


An idea of when it could be ready would be nice. I.E. we're 60% there or something. Saying "its ready when its ready" is a cop out clause and s**t customer service. There should be regular updates to your customers. Dont take their loyalty for granted. The last update was almost a month ago saying "We have successfully created 3 routes out of 17 in ProMods and this took us about 2 weeks to achieve."
For a customer service you need customers, for PM there aren't any customers and thus there is no customer service to be had / to be demanded!

remember this is a project the teammembers does for fun and without compensation in their spare time between other real life commitments. and then they gracefully share the creation with us, any updates they decide to share are completely at the teammembers own descretion and we must and should simply accept this. On an personal observation i can also understand if this compatibility is not prioritized as PM works as it should on ETS2 1.30 as is, it is simply the added features from the DLC that aren't available.

I find it a bit rude actually to put demand on free thing like this, myself i rather recently stopped providing a small software i'm making and still maintaining for myself because of similar demands from users that would not accept it was a project i did in spare time and when and if i had the time ...of course one might ask but then also accept the answer,
I pay for promods so surely that makes me a customer as im paying for a product. Its also not free. as i pay to support the team. Unlike you that sounds like you use the freebie link
I always use the fast server and pay the 1 euro for convenience , but i pay for the download not PM! I have also made a smaller Donation, but that is really not the same as paying for a product!



Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests