Will ProMods feature Vive la France's features?

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Scania_V8_Rat

08 Sep 2017 19:03

Hey folks,

after searching the forum and finding nothing, I decided to open up a new thread about my question. Vive la France DLC features quite a lot things like nuclear power plants, the ability to deliver fuel to truckstops, those nice little roads not shown in the map...
Is there a way to include these features into an upcoming promods release?

When I was driving in France yesterday (ProMods France), I discovered such a little road and tried to get on it: leaving the original route and bumping into the invisible barrier after 4 m. :-/
Safe roads and happy truckin! :arrow:

Vøytek
Developer

08 Sep 2017 20:57

We have deliveries to gas stations, road works, small farms and so on...
and hidden roads too!
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Scania_V8_Rat

24 Feb 2018 20:04

Vøytek wrote:
08 Sep 2017 20:57
We have deliveries to gas stations, road works, small farms and so on...
and hidden roads too!
Where? And how many (maybe it's better if you tell me only the country and not the exact place).

Regarding hidden roads: sure, there are many videos on YouTube about it, but it would be cool - if applicable - those rural roads with those cross-barriers (those X-barriers) would work, too. I know, performance is your main goal...

What about merging cool features from Vive la France object repository, like aquaeducts, statues, windmills. Isn't that legally possible?
What about harvesters/combines driving slowly in front of you?

I think ProMods is great, but sometimes I consider switching back to Vanilla, because SCS Software sometimes raises the bar even higher.
But keep up your good work!

Vøytek
Developer

24 Feb 2018 20:19

Scania_V8_Rat wrote:
Where? And how many (maybe it's better if you tell me only the country and not the exact place).
In almost every country, with even more coming in the future (especially custom companies, I made ~50 unique prefabs for companies made by many developers around the map).
Scania_V8_Rat wrote:
Regarding hidden roads: sure, there are many videos on YouTube about it, but it would be cool - if applicable - those rural roads with those cross-barriers (those X-barriers) would work, too. I know, performance is your main goal...
This map is in 1:19 scale, which limits our possibilites. It's not always about performance, it's about lack of space. Sure, some less important roads could be and sometimes are added, but you have to understand that the scenery of some roads would overlap. You may think a new road fits, by looking at the world map, but it's not always true.
Scania_V8_Rat wrote:
What about merging cool features from Vive la France object repository, like aquaeducts, statues, windmills. Isn't that legally possible?
What about harvesters/combines driving slowly in front of you?
We use models from all DLCs ;)
And when it comes to slow vehicles - I'm not sure if somebody enabled them in their new areas, every developer would have to reply about it.

I hope that makes some things a bit more clear. Other developers or players will maybe add something, as everybody discovered various things in our map ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Scania_V8_Rat

24 Feb 2018 20:27

Hi Vøytek,,

thank you for your quick response. It really gave me an in-depth view of your work. Sorry for taking your time by this question. I've discovered a few roads in the past (like near Longyearbyen --> up the hill to Svallbard Radio), but I didn't know they're so many of hidden roads.

Kind regards from Germany

Josh0

24 Feb 2018 20:31

Scania_V8_Rat wrote:
08 Sep 2017 19:03
Vive la France DLC features quite a lot things like nuclear power plants, the ability to deliver fuel to truckstops, those nice little roads not shown in the map...
Is there a way to include these features into an upcoming promods release?

When I was driving in France yesterday (ProMods France), I discovered such a little road and tried to get on it...
Scania_V8_Rat wrote:
I think ProMods is great, but sometimes I consider switching back to Vanilla, because SCS Software sometimes raises the bar even higher.
What version of ProMods are you using? Since ProMods v2.15, "ProMods France" is Vive la France (most of SCS's Vive la France map was copied into the ProMods map).

Scania_V8_Rat

24 Feb 2018 20:45

2.25, but even as I drive in France, I didn't recognise the change

JESAN
Donation rank:

25 Feb 2018 09:22

Hi all,

Personnally, I miss a few more "Routes Nationales" in France and in italy as well.

id777
Donation rank:

26 Feb 2018 01:51

What is Routes Nationales?
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

id777
Donation rank:

26 Feb 2018 01:51