[Central] Paid download questions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
alexdinpoik
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2018 19:29

Great just bought this and coulnt install it cuz my game is in new version "steam" after looking in this forum it says you have to own a dlc map? what happen i remember few years back it wansnt like this.. there was nice city and stuff.. . been away for a while so im not updated on nothing,, but sucks .. so i can buy dlc why stay with promods? is promod just remodel the dlc? hmm haven't done any reading. guess game got locked with the steam thing huh.. damm

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2018 19:41

As a matter of fact, ProMods has done work in the DLC areas too. And we use the new stuff we get with the DLC all over the map.
So basically, SCS makes a part of the map better with an DLC. ProMods makes the whole map better with that DLC.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Davyddin
Donation rank:

04 Aug 2018 20:58

alexdinpoik wrote:
04 Aug 2018 19:29
Great just bought this and coulnt install it cuz my game is in new version "steam" after looking in this forum it says you have to own a dlc map?
Yes, for the current version 2.27 of ProMods you need the Going East, the Scandinavia and the Vive la France DLCs. (For the upcoming version 2.30 of ProMods you will need the Italia DLC as well.) I can highly recommend both getting the DLCs and using ProMods. Like Volleybal4life says, ProMods adds a lot to the game on top of the DLCs.

I can recommend you take a look at the Essentials bundle and the Map Booster bundle on Steam.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

ruben6500
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2018 17:37

can i pay promods without creditcard? Yes? How can i do this?

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2018 17:42

Yes, using PayPal. You don't need a creditcard to use PayPal. You can send money from your bankaccount to PayPal using iDeal too.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

siraff
Donation rank:

06 Aug 2018 17:50

ScuL wrote:
04 Aug 2018 15:10
Sorry it's not possible as they are listed as two independent items. If you remain signed in in PayPal it should not ask you to sign in again.
Fair play. My paypal asks to sign in every time (settings) but that's ok.
Well worth it for a great map as usual.

Proxximaa

20 Aug 2018 17:31

So we are paying for the bandwidth but there are free sites like mega, mediafire, openload and sharemods to upload the map. Where is the sense in having people to pay for bandwith ? Srsly go on a free hoster like mega openload or whatever and upload it there youll have free unlimited bandwidth there too so please explain me why im paying for bandwidth. LOL.

adgjl
Donation rank:

20 Aug 2018 18:00

Just because a site has a large or even unlimited upload limit doesn't mean it has unlimited download bandwidth for free. If you are aware of a site that offers >1TB of download bandwidth per day for free, without severe speed/stability issues, we'd love to know about it.
Bugs are love, bugs are life

Proxximaa

20 Aug 2018 18:18

Mega is a free service and can easily offer the stability also every user can download it without any issues since the file is under 5GB.
If mega cant handle the 1tb or more traffic (what it normally can) then you can also upload the mod to openload and maybe mediafire so on each site for example 500 people can download the mod. I dont see the point in paying for bandwidth if the site could offer the download through other free sites. Also there are programs like jdownloader2. If mega limits you for example to 5MB just go into mega download add the link and download with your full speed and everything works for free. Mega, Mediafire, openload and other sites offer that service for free. 50GB storage on mega thats basically enough for the current ProMods version and the next 20.

Vøytek
Developer

20 Aug 2018 18:39

MEGA won't be free for us. We'll generate a lot of traffic and it'll force us to buy an expensive data "plan" or however they call it (in the meantime, users will be blocked from downloading = a lot of dissapointment and anger).

And other websites will just die. (Sharemods wasn't available for few hours when new version of RusMap was released and it's a bit less popular than ProMods)
Besides, there are only few that allow fast download speed for free, others aren't even worth looking into.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information