Promods Hamburg is dead - long live Promods Hamburg

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MG Mike
Donation rank:

23 May 2019 20:54

This is a post from me from the german section of the forums, now for all of you:

Moin Moin from the north !

Dear friends and colleagues of virtual truck driving,

I am from Northern Germany, not from Hamburg directly, but about 100 km away from it. When I started with ETS2, I wondered where I wanted my headquarters. Since Hamburg is beautifully centrally located in the North German homeland and is also called "the gateway to the world", my choice fell on Hamburg. First on the old Vanillamap a small standard town with mountainous fir forest from 3 sides and a side with harbour cranes... how ugly !

But then I loaded myself Promods, at that time in the version 2.18. I was absolutely inspired! The Elbe tunnel ! The Köhlbrandtbrücke ! passable ! Harbour area ! City center area! a city motorway ! a second "district" on the completely other side!
Rudi wrote once "Who knows an ETS2 city, knows all" Yes somehow all look the same, only by the different background sceneries one knows where one should be.

Promods has created the art to let the cities look much more real with areas most people know and even if only a handful of roads are drivable, the structure of the roads and highways and the design of the houses and hazer lines alone gives the impression of a big city much more than in the vanilla cities.
Promods has done this trick very well in Hamburg, Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich. Even more gigantic are Nuremberg, Vienna and London.

With the change from Promods 2.33 to 2.40 a city has unfortunately been lost: Hamburg, my pearl, as the Hamburgers say.
Unfortunately Hamburg is now again a standard city. At least the Elbtunnel and the Köhlbrandtbrücke have been preserved as scenery by SCS.

What is a bit positive about this is that the current Hamburg is supposed to be the district "Billbrook" and has kept the IKEA at the A1. Unfortunately the Bauhaus is missing.
The tank park with the small workshop in the background is very nice. The industrial area there also looks very nice. I hope that there will be one or the other company there to deliver.

And what is still very positive is that now the Horster triangle has been added to the Maschener Kreuz and that the Maschener Kreuz now correctly crosses the A1 with the A39.
Nevertheless I am a little sad about the loss of this despite the age beautifully made city and harbour area. I hope that there will be a rebuild of old Promods of Hamburg in future updates that is worthy of it.

In this threat I have some screenshots of my "hometown" in memory of this great work of the Promodsteams .

But first I made a small film here. The move from 2.33 to 2.40 is technically done with a few mouse clicks. But in the game my company "Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH" had to move from Altona to Billbrook within Hamburg. And such a move is also connected with work. Empty the old hall and offices and move into a new one.
In this film I am already close to my new location and have to fetch a trailer from the old hall and bring it to the new one. So I drive from the old map to the new one. On the way there is still a little something to see from the old Hamburg and from the new.
I apologize for the slight jerking in advance, it's performance related... I don't talk, you see me driving, walking through the hall, "coupling" the trailer with a little "departure control" and then off we go to the new house.

Have fun watching !

"From Hamburg to Hamburg" Promods 2.33 -> 2.40

And here a collection of Screenshots from good old Hamburg :

edit
...und hier der nächste Schwung...

Feel free to post your beautiest screens or videos from old or new Promods Hamburg

Kindly regards from the norh

MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Stilgar
Donation rank:

25 May 2019 16:52

Moin Herr Nachbar,

i wanted to drive above the bridge but never find the right road to get there so in the end I gave and thought that was only scenery.

I agree that the rebuild northern germany is a step in the right direction but not more, the motorways are looking more real - the "rader hochbrücke" or before the split A7/A2.. to Kiel

Greetings from Norderstedt - just north of Hamburg ...
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg

MG Mike
Donation rank:

26 May 2019 02:40

Hi there..

Your headquarters has also moved... Hehe

Now in 2.40 the Köhlbrandtbridge is only scenery. Before in 2.33 and older versions you were able to drive onto it.. You had the possibility to take the exit Waltershof from the A7 right before or after the tunnel. And then turn left and next left again.. And then you were on the ramp up warts onto the bridge. At the other side you could turn left and you were towards A255 and from this to A1..
In the video I didn't took the bridge.. It doesn't fit imy way. It was a nice thing to drive on it but it was never a necessary thing. Only if you were at Schenker or Nagel or BASF and have a tour towards Danmark so you had two choices, one was get on A7 and change at Maschener Kreuz to A1 or take the Bridge to get to A1..
Now all companies are located around us.. Maybe the business area will get one or two companies in the future..
And If I would have a free wish, I would say get back the exit othmarschen as driveable with garage at old place or as second garage maybe as new city "Altona" and then get back the exit Waltershof and make that Containerterminal as a delivery point. It would be absolutely logical.. Trucks over trucks are leaving Hamburg with Containers..

I would also have back again the city Autobahn A255, but with the new Maschener Kreuz, I thing there is no more space for it...
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information