[HOTFIX][1.91] Promods Lighting System, reworked

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Apr 2015 16:08

In the past few days, the ProMods Lighting System has been reworked. Instead of one streetlight colour map-wide (may it be white or amber), the new system now has five different streetlight colours, mixed all over the map. Some colours are more present in certain regions than others. The colours included are:
- Orange
- Amber
- Warm white
- Neutral white
- Cool white

Here are some screenshots showing off the wide range of colours this technology can offer!

You can try out the new lighting system today! Get the new lighting system from the link below and just drop it in your mods folder:
DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

kReX

08 Apr 2015 17:02

Nice!
Is it compatible with Realistic Lighting?
SLOVENIJA

LoaderSaints

08 Apr 2015 17:40

I certainly hope it is. And should this load after or before Realistic Lighting in the mod folder for best result?

M95

08 Apr 2015 17:47

MandelSoft wrote:You can try out the new lighting system today! Get the new lighting system from the link below and just drop it in your mods folder:
DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!

Best,
MandelSoft
Guys, don't forget to activate the file in your in-game profile otherwise nothing will happen!

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

08 Apr 2015 18:31

I've been using an edited version of Realistic Lighting (with all AI / vehicle related files and folders removed), along with another lights mod. I've found that this fix actually enhances the AI lights (bigger and brighter), so much so, that I no longer need the lights mod :D .
If you rename the fix so it loads after Realistic Lighting, it works fine.
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Apr 2015 18:33

LukaSLO wrote:Nice!
It's not completely compatible with Realistic Lighting. The only thing that doesn't work in Realistic Lighting is the haze-effect from the streetlights at night. This effect is bound to the models and it can eat up quite some resources. But the most important thing is that it's only a minor detail and it should not make your game crash ;)

The rest of Realistic Lighting (skyboxes and such) should work without a problem. Please make sure that Realistic Lighting loads before this mod.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

08 Apr 2015 20:27

MandelSoft wrote:the haze-effect from the streetlights at night.
Very true, but that's why I don't use the 2.5 version of RL, I don't like the plum-shaped haze that hangs underneath streetlights :( . RL 2.4 is better in that repect IMHO :D .
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

08 Apr 2015 20:34

MandelSoft wrote:
LukaSLO wrote:Nice!
It's not completely compatible with Realistic Lighting. The only thing that doesn't work in Realistic Lighting is the haze-effect from the streetlights at night. This effect is bound to the models and it can eat up quite some resources. But the most important thing is that it's only a minor detail and it should not make your game crash ;)

The rest of Realistic Lighting (skyboxes and such) should work without a problem. Please make sure that Realistic Lighting loads before this mod.
Excellent news! Thanks again mandlesoft

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

08 Apr 2015 20:40

I assume the previous hotfix is moot with this loaded?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Apr 2015 22:09

No, it isn't. This fix only changes the streetlights.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information