Belgium suggestions

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2013 08:57

the docks of antwerp are on the bigest of the world and most used in europe.
Sadly they are not to big anymore (rank 15 world wide)

But yeah I do miss all the traffic around Antwerp. It's the Captial of Flanders and only for that reason I already want it in game. We might do a ProMods version where we have numerous improvements in SCS parts of the map. Currently Mandelsoft is busy redoing signs and cities (And he already did a very good job on Rotterdam and Amsterdam!!)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

jhp

06 Sep 2013 09:08

Nico,,

Have you seen the video of Going East?? Looks like they have added tons of new stuff (buildings, roadwork, etc.) - are you guys going to use all that stuff in Promod too? And maybe retouch scandinavia with some of the new things?

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

06 Sep 2013 09:14

Yeah I have seen the vids. Most of it is the usual SCS stuff (However they really did add some good polish features as I have seen in Keralis his stream).

For "ripping" the models; Im not really sure. I have no idea if/how they protect their mod (lot of DLC content is already added in patch 1.4.1).

We have already used parts of their Hungary signs for our Irish signs etc... But some landmarks and bridges are really looking good (but don't expect many edits in Scandinavia ;) )

LOK330

06 Sep 2013 13:35

Scandinavia have not more landmark and building in future?????
But now Stockholm is not look like than real life????????
I suggest add more famous landamark in this city ...............

ScuL
Founder

06 Sep 2013 13:55

It takes 1 day to convert a building or 3D model especially with textures we didn't really get time to add that many landmarks but we'll add more in next updates
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Psykoen

06 Sep 2013 16:56

Nico wrote:
the docks of antwerp are on the bigest of the world and most used in europe.
Sadly they are not to big anymore (rank 15 world wide)

But yeah I do miss all the traffic around Antwerp. It's the Captial of Flanders and only for that reason I already want it in game. We might do a ProMods version where we have numerous improvements in SCS parts of the map. Currently Mandelsoft is busy redoing signs and cities (And he already did a very good job on Rotterdam and Amsterdam!!)
a ok dint know that. i just remembert that, that the where in the "past" one of the biggests :D

Superdavecan

07 Sep 2013 16:28

Indeed, Belgium needs to be re-worked! A list of things that I'd like to see improved, whenever you get to Belgium... (I just find it easier to list them, makes it easier to read too ;)
- the R0 ring road around Brussels needs to be fixed so that it's no longer a straight line... SCS really didn't do a good job with this part
- would be nice to include Antwerp if you can make it fit, and I saw that you're interested in doing that too, but since they're so close to each other that might be a challenge.
- A proper E40 motorway connection west of Brussels, going all the way to Calais, France. Perhaps that country road on the base map could be deleted and replaced with the E40. I really think this is a necessary change.
- From Lille, France, it would also be nice to have the E429 going east to connect with the R0 ring road around Brussels. If Antwerp gets made then there should also be the E17 going down to Lille, with a proper connection with the E15 in France
- If Antwerp won't fit, perhaps Gent could be a possible alternative?
- Bilingual signs in Brussels. (Or, to be ultra-realistic, no directional signs in Brussels :lol: ) As French is the dominant language there, it goes first French, then Dutch. So you would have Liège - Luik for sure, and if you made Antwerp you would have Anvers - Antwerpen, etc. Outside of Brussels the signs should be only in French or only in Dutch depending on the area.
- Since French is the dominant language spoken in Brussels by far (80% French, 20% Dutch), perhaps the name of the city in the game should be changed from Brussel to Bruxelles? (Although both names are actually correct)

Those are my thoughts, anyway... on the base map Wallonia (the French-speaking area) isn't too bad, but Brussels and the Dutch-speaking area are appalling and these changes would be very welcome!

Tijzemaes
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2013 14:54

I really hope that Antwerp is possible and , like Superdavecan said, it woul'd be cool if the signs around Brussels should be in Dutch and French...
#JeSuisCharlie

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

08 Sep 2013 15:06

Let's see what is possible :mrgreen:

Psykoen

10 Sep 2013 18:34

there is a intersection that maybe can be transformed in to antwerp.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information