Other mods that WILL NOT work with our map pack

Ask questions about the mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Nico
Founder

01 Aug 2013 21:25

tbm1986 wrote:I presume the Indonesian map won't work in combination either because it replaces all of the main map. If it does, that'll look very strange indeed!
I heared that the guy added that map to the European mainland which makes stuff even stranger.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

ScuL
Founder

01 Aug 2013 21:30

The Indonesian map mod started somewhere in Wales/Scotland from what I've seen on screenshots so this will obviously clash if that is the case.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

tbm1986

01 Aug 2013 21:43

Early days yet of course, but perhaps later on you could persuade RadolSzczeczin to remove his Copenhagen in an offshoot version of ER and hook his Danzig/Gdansk ferry up with your Copenhagen? I think he's going to hit a problem when they release Going East anyway but the feedback he's had (bugs aside) seems positive. Would be a shame to make all his work obsolete.

ScuL
Founder

01 Aug 2013 21:51

tbm1986 wrote:Early days yet of course, but perhaps later on you could persuade RadolSzczeczin to remove his Copenhagen in an offshoot version of ER and hook his Danzig/Gdansk ferry up with your Copenhagen? I think he's going to hit a problem when they release Going East anyway but the feedback he's had (bugs aside) seems positive. Would be a shame to make all his work obsolete.
It sounds like you're a mind reader. We would welcome a cooperation with these guys, they have the level of quality that is required in my opinion :)
When the DLC comes out their map will have a problem.. but I'm sure sectors & models can be re-purposed.
If we finalise our stretch from Finland to Estonia (Tallinn) and then down to Lithuania we can follow through with the Baltic circle and hook it back up to Poland :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

tbm1986

01 Aug 2013 22:33

Aww. Now you have me itching to play that too! Not raising my hopes until mid-to-late next year, though. I realise it all takes a lot of hard work and you have jobs and private lives to attend to in the meantime.

Sebastian

02 Aug 2013 20:28

ScuL wrote:
Pasilius wrote:But wouldn't it theoratically be possible to use two map mods as long as they do not occupy the same space?
Yes theoretically, however in practice the nodes where the roads connect do not always process as valid and will then provide a node value -1.
This means you can't drive over it and the navigation system doesn't recognise the road either.. The only way is to delete and redo the node but that obviously doesn't work well. More about this problem here: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=24133
Yes, that's a bad problem. Every mapper would have to release a separate version of his map for every other map. Contacted SCS to see if this can be fixed although it really should be...

Gazer75
Donation rank:

03 Aug 2013 00:13

Yep, sectors means nothing if you cant easily connect different maps.

ScuL
Founder

03 Aug 2013 00:25

Well to us the most fantastic point is that we can work wilt multiple people on the map simultaneously (as long as you don't overwite each other's sectors) and this really works extremely well!

It has allowed us to finish the map much faster!

Gazer75
Donation rank:

03 Aug 2013 01:02

Thats nice. I guess each sector is smaller than I thought :) I have no clue about these things.

So how small is each sector anyway?
If you could give an example in distance on default map.

Nico
Founder

03 Aug 2013 12:53

A sector is still pertty big. I think the width is about 1/3 of kr.sand to Oslo and the height is about half of svinesund to Oslo.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

• Information