Other mods that WILL NOT work with our map pack

Ask questions about the mod here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:
Netherlands

03 Feb 2015 22:27

I'm glad they don't. The quality of TSM is so damn low, when you mix the two together, all of ProMods hard work will be lost in the vast nothiness of TSM... The worlds are far to far apart.
Spamming the forum since June 2014

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MandelSoft
Lead Developer
Czechia

03 Feb 2015 22:28

It's much, much more complex than that to combine the two maps. There are a lot of sectors that overlap in ProMods with TSM. Not just Denmark, but also parts of Germany, Italy and France (and in fact, any other area we have modified). It makes it really hard to combine the two considering that fact alone.

And then there is the question of:
- Duplicate assets.
- Conflicting assets.
- Conflicting DEF files.
- Two different economy systems.

This makes it really hard to combine TSM and ProMods. And it's only getting harder...

Furthermore, both TSM and ProMods agree on the fact that the two maps should NOT be combined. EVER!
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.
Don't let the flag fool you; I'm Dutch, actually

DubLuV
Romania

03 Feb 2015 23:04

And what you advice me to choose ? I like TSM for the extended map, i like really so much. I don't tried PRM until now , but i read here that is more complex .... but is smaller :(

CookiePLMonster
Poland

03 Feb 2015 23:11

Asking such a question on a forum dedicated to one of those mods is kinda weird, you can only get one answer :P

Despite that, from what I have seen TSM has only one advantage - it's bigger indeed. But it DOES seem to be a copypaste so you might as well play on a vanilla map and imagine you're driving through different countries... the effect should be the same.
Silent

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:
United Kingdom

03 Feb 2015 23:16

Well that's the beauty of profiles! If you can't have two maps working together, then create a profile for each map. So you can have ProMods in one profile, TSM in another and so on.........

And I'm sure you'll see a big difference between the two :D
Scotland Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 7790, Hanns G Hi221 monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

DubLuV
Romania

03 Feb 2015 23:32

This thing its weird too, why i should play "poker with two hands" ? :))

PS: I found EU Pack isnt work with PROMOD

DubLuV
Romania

03 Feb 2015 23:58

If i want to put in the same mod folder the bot TSM and PRMDS scs files, i will result a big map or a crash ? :(

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:
Belgium

04 Feb 2015 03:25

DubLuV wrote:If i want to put in the same mod folder the bot TSM and PRMDS scs files, i will result a big map or a crash ? :(
A crash most likely and, even it were to load, you could expect a lot of gameplay issues like invisible walls and falling through the map and such. :roll:

As suggested before, keep them on seperate profiles.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

durant35
United Kingdom

04 Feb 2015 10:25

DubLuV wrote:If i want to put in the same mod folder the bot TSM and PRMDS scs files, i will result a big map or a crash ? :(
Its better off using Promods

Maybe not as large as tsm but quality is undisputed. Best map mod for ETS2

Tsm prefers quantity over quality, a lot of copy paste stuff

You drive from like for example Athens to Amsterdam, you are driving to a same city. layout is the same. Along the road you just saw boring scenery. You dont find that in promods. Here, you drive from Northern Italy to England, you'll see a beautiful scenery along the way, accurate signs, and a lot of other small details.

your choice mate :)

DubLuV
Romania

04 Feb 2015 12:56

durant35 wrote:
Its better off using Promods

Maybe not as large as tsm but quality is undisputed. Best map mod for ETS2

Tsm prefers quantity over quality, a lot of copy paste stuff

You drive from like for example Athens to Amsterdam, you are driving to a same city. layout is the same. Along the road you just saw boring scenery. You dont find that in promods. Here, you drive from Northern Italy to England, you'll see a beautiful scenery along the way, accurate signs, and a lot of other small details.

your choice mate :)

Thanks a lot, i will try PROMODS and i will repost my opinion after !

• Information