ProMods 2.1

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Pyrii

23 Aug 2016 22:34

Since installing ProMods 2.1 I took a couple of jobs in western france and spain and have had non-stop collisions with ai where they will just pull into your lane, even though you're still in it. I can't react fast enough to stop crashes and have had to resort to savefile editing(Note: claiming on their insurance ;) ) to stop myself having to pay tens of thousands in repair bills.

There are a couple of mods I'll try removing, and I am in an area I haven't driven before in promods, but it does feel like it is coming from the update.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2016 05:41

The update isn't the cause of the problem. I encounter this problem for some time now. Also in unmodded parts of the map.

It started to get worse in ETS2 1.22... http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/12/ets2-up ... e-now.html
'AI: Improved navigation, lane switching, spawning and obstacle checking'

And it's seemingly getting worse after every update.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MistahDave
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2016 08:09

The AI is okay. I've played this game since 2013, i've seen the AI MUUUCH worse believe me!

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2016 08:36

The AI did became better at first. Very much indeed. But sometimes they still can't handle the simplest of road-rules. And with the 1.22 update, something changes about the AI changing lanes while you are driving there.

One thing did got a lot better. How the AI handles your blinker actions. :)
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2016 10:27

My experience is if you indicate on a roundabout like wot I was taught by a ginger Scotsman thirty-mumble years ago the AI traffic will take great delight in ignorinh you, driving straight into you and generally driving like an idiot.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2016 10:31

True, on roundabouts they do everything but acting as they should...
Weekly driving vids

No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?

Peterson

24 Aug 2016 11:24

Roundabouts are 50:50, sometimes they yield the traffic that's coming into the roundabout (which is wrong), sometimes they actually behave like on a roundabout, but they don't use blinkers soon enough.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Pyrii

26 Aug 2016 06:21

Oh god, roundabouts are hell in this game, I've actually seen cars pull out from my inlet to the roundabout and I see them coming round thinking "Oh, it's only them so I must be fine, they SURELY aren't just going round in circles."

How wrong I've been, many times.

Thankfully my return trip to the northwest of france was much less uneventful.

I have had cars decide to use my signalling for a lane change as a reason to decide they want to stay next to my car in the way, slowing down in order to do so o_O I dunno, is the AI in this game made by trolls?

ETS2-User
Developer

26 Aug 2016 07:21

No, Czechs, that's also why opening an emergency lane in traffic jams doesn't work. :lol:
Sorry... :mrgreen:
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

lighthousepoet

26 Aug 2016 13:31

IMHO if they were to sanitize ETS2 then it would cease to be a simulation.....I define simulation to mean based on real life......So in this instance once traffic (AI) follows predictable paths and follows too strict rules then ETS2 would cease to have simulation properties. As you become more proficient as a driver and you experience all the driving anomalies/vagaries then you learn to anticipate certain conditions and adapt your driving skills to those conditions. In real life these are the skills acquired over time by real drivers most of whom would with ease pass an advance drivers course. In this simulation we are supposed to be graded on our driving ability although it is not based on skill but on time spent behind the wheel. If we attain the rank of Legend and have the driving skills to match that rank.....then all these anomalies and vagaries could and should be anticipated. There are two main skills that every driver who hopes to attain advance driver title.....anticipation and the ability to read the road ahead. There is only one thing I would like to see included in ETS2 that is present in ATS is Mobile Traffic Policing...that addition would make the simulation more realistic.....static speed cameras are too predictable.

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information