ProMods 2.1

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

31 May 2016 17:22

dfumagalli wrote:Hello,

I am a new and really thankful user!

I have noticed Italy is missing some key features even in the SCS default map and current ProMods as well. In example, it's missing a big portion of what's possibly the 2nd most important Italian speedway. Where should I put in the details?
Italy is still heavily under construction, and far from finished ;)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

dfumagalli

31 May 2016 18:22

Volleybal4life wrote:
dfumagalli wrote:Hello,

I am a new and really thankful user!

I have noticed Italy is missing some key features even in the SCS default map and current ProMods as well. In example, it's missing a big portion of what's possibly the 2nd most important Italian motorway. Where should I put in the details?
Italy is still heavily under construction, and far from finished ;)
That's actually a Good Thing, because it's easier to build something right from the scratch than fitting in a missing piece later.
Also, the missing highway is called "A4" and is very important (for Italy) as it connects: Turin => Milan => Verona from above. In the SCS and ProMods maps, there's only the "A21", doing something similar but passing way below.

Here is how A4 looks like:
a4.png
a4.png (31.28 KiB) Viewed 2129 times
Key:
1) A4 pay toll motorway. Goes from north Turin (near Caselle Airport) to north Milan. Then it should connect to and merge in the already existing Milan - Verona motorway.

2) Turin is at the center of that "C" shaped Turin bypass / ring road (3 + 3 carriageways).

3) "C" shaped Turin bypass bypass / ring road (3 + 3 carriageways). It should really be put in, it brings in a ton of realism. The "C" goes around turin, the upper part connects to A4, the lower to A21

4) Milan is located at the center of that "ring", where the arrow points at.

5) Ring road around Milan. Actually in real life Milan gets a TON of bypass roads but the ring should be put in at a minimum. The ring is composed by:

- Upper side is A4
- Left side is West Milan bypass road
- Right side is East Milan bypass road
- Left and right merge at their bottom.

There are pay toll gates between each of those roads.

Also, the original SCS Italian pay toll (and yours too, probably) gates show 2 main kinds of car gates:

- Regular money + cards gate, with barrier.
- Telepass yellow gate, with barrier.

Telepass is wrong. People don't stop at Telepass gates, because they charge the toll via radio, there's no need to use physical money, credit card etc. Furthermore, Telepass gates don't have the regular pay toll office cabin, they just have a small column where people may insert a special card (Viacard).
There's a small barrier but it automatically goes up while vehicles are transiting without stopping.

Basically, Telepass is very similar to what we already see in the vanilla game pay toll gates in certain North European countries: you should be able to pass through the yellow gate and see the charge applied without need to stop.

Vøytek
Developer

31 May 2016 18:35

That's a great plan for sure but some things can be impossible to fit in 1:19 scale, unfortunately. But don't worry. All SCS areas (see Germany as the biggest example now ;)) are slowly replaced with complex interchanges, real roads and bigger cities that have more recognizable features than only a few buildings. I'd love to drive in "better" Italy as I was there in real life. Brenner Pass is great, more to the south Bolzano is missing but I think that you'll see some improvements and new things from our devs soon, more to the south than A4 ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

KMCzFusions
Donation rank:

04 Jun 2016 19:11

Zniwek wrote:And I'd like to add, that everyone will find something that he'll love and that's why you have to wait so long - it's called quality. And ProMods quality takes a lot of time ;)
I didn't like old Ruse but now it's really a great improvement.
MandelSoft wrote:Even Italy is missing signage (but we put it in the beta anyway to iron out obvious bugs like invisible walls);
And we hit this walls a lot (sometimes it's painful...) so you won't hit them after the release ;)

We found ~200 bugs in 2.1 so far and we're not finished yet.

Remember, it's ready when it's ready
Im really only looking forward to Ireland.

bumbumek

04 Jun 2016 19:13

So you won't be satisfied for a long time. Ireland is put on hold, nobody is working on it now. Unfortunately.

Vøytek
Developer

04 Jun 2016 19:28

It's not put on hold as it was never started ;)
It'll be started later. As MandelSoft explained. There are too many things to finish earlier. But as I said - everybody can start doing Ireland. I'd be happy to see your work :)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

ETS2-User
Developer

04 Jun 2016 23:35

Actually it was started and put on hold indeed.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Vøytek
Developer

04 Jun 2016 23:40

Oh, didn't know. My bad. It doesn't matter anyway. It's not coming in 2.1 :)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

gurkan6236

05 Jun 2016 23:31

Will the next version be 2.03 or 2.1?

ETS2-User
Developer

06 Jun 2016 07:58

Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS