ProMods 2.1

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
BarrGDA
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2016 15:18

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:Well, being a "truck simulator" it is no way realistic for a truck to take 200 km+ detours just for the sake of sightseeing.. This ferry really wasn't the same kind of useless cheat source as the Nynäshamn - Gdynia one that was removed a long time ago.
I get what you're saying and I agree, but that's not the most important point here. In a simulator, I'd expect the exact same routes as in real life.

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2016 16:36

Indeed, but let's see what's the devs opinion about it.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Shiva

09 Aug 2016 17:15

Maybe it is just the ferry file connecting both places that is removed?
Then it is quite easily fixed.

Checked, ferry files look as in 2.03 as far as I see, conserning Karlskrona Gdnynia connection.
The ferry portals might be taken away?
Atleast they do not show up on the map.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

danielpie
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2016 17:27

@Shiva: The ferry connections are commented out.

I don't even have a real opinion about the ferry connection yet, I was just curious as to why it was left out.

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2016 18:07

Shiva wrote:Maybe it is just the ferry file connecting both places that is removed?
Then it is quite easily fixed.

Checked, ferry files look as in 2.03 as far as I see, conserning Karlskrona Gdnynia connection.
The ferry portals might be taken away?
Atleast they do not show up on the map.
The ports are there on both sides (at least it looks like on the map, didn't have time to check it out). Btw, just out of curiosity, how easy (or complicated) is to asign a ferry line between two existing ports?
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Serb1205
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2016 19:14

First Of All Going To Serbia Every Year And Having Family There, I Can't Wait To See Serbia And The Balkan Area Of Your Map. Secondly, You Guys At Promods Do An Amazing Job Of Improving And Adding To The SCS Map With Your Own Content. I Love Every Update. The Quality Of Your Maps Are Amazing And Are A Pleasure To Drive On. Keep It Up Guys :)

ScuL
Founder

09 Aug 2016 21:54

There should be a ferry between Poland and Sweden. If it's not working that would be bug. Lucky the def files are easier to fix than the main pack
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

09 Aug 2016 22:55

HighFlyerPL185 wrote:
Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:
danielpie wrote:Thanks for the update, looks great. Has the ferry between Gdynia and Karlskrona been removed on purpose?
Hmm I just noticed that now that you say... Really why did you guys removed it? :? It was an essential link between eastern Poland and eastern Sweden. (Using the Swinoujscie - Trelleborg one is a quite big detour in a let's say Warsaw or even worse Gdansk - Stockholm trip) I definetly think you should add it back in the next fix.
I also think it should be added back in. Presumably it was removed to make you drive around, instead of skipping, but it is a real route - makes no sense to remove it. Unless it's been removed by accident?
It was not removed on purpose. On the contrary; I actually tried to re-enable it! Somehow fixing that ferry actually broke it...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Shiva

09 Aug 2016 23:05

Let's say that they are for the moment doing a major overhaul on the Karlskrona - Gdynia ferries. "Or even the port in Karlskrona"
Whops, 3 ferries that travel that route " Stena Vision, Stena Spirit & Stena Baltica"
Karlskrona harbour Overhaul, ferry line on a small hiatus. ;)
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

ShirBlackspots
Donation rank:

10 Aug 2016 01:23

There seems to have been a major road change from Strasbourg to Stuttgart. ProMods 2.03 I could drive directly to either city, now I have to take a longer way around:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =740862421

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information