Hungary rebuilding

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Master_of_the_roads

06 Apr 2016 17:31

Hello, I've noticed that the main focus for now is on Spain, Portugal, Romania, Bulgaria, etc. I was wondering when this comes to a pleasant conclusion after so many months of hard work, maybe someone can start rebuilding Hungary from scratch, the vanilla map just isn't something that deliveres. I've been to Budapest five years ago, I've seen the city upclose and enjoyed the food and drinks there, I know Hungary can be presented better than it is on the vanilla map. Adding the famous Balaton lake would be a tremendous achievement for presenting as much reality as possible, not to mention other country villages and small cities.

Maybe developers like Frank007 can be included in this project too, his standalone map is much more detailed and vast than I've previously imagined, so one day, his map could become Promods material.
Just a thought...

Thank you for your awesome W.I.P.'s and other projects, I wish you all the best and a continuing successful cooperation for the future and for the present.
Adrian Gašper

Horizon™
Developer

06 Apr 2016 17:45

Master_of_the_roads wrote:Hello, I've noticed that the main focus for now is on Spain, Portugal, Romania, Bulgaria, etc. I was wondering when this comes to a pleasant conclusion after so many months of hard work, maybe someone can start rebuilding Hungary from scratch, the vanilla map just isn't something that deliveres. I've been to Budapest five years ago, I've seen the city upclose and enjoyed the food and drinks there, I know Hungary can be presented better than it is on the vanilla map. Adding the famous Balaton lake would be a tremendous achievement for presenting as much reality as possible, not to mention other country villages and small cities.
Hello there,

Yes, our main focus are on Spain, Sweden and ARP (Autobahn Rebuilding Project). Other projects are the side projects which not require workforce for now, or has a dedicated developer for that area - as our main focus are on those projects, a lot of workforce must be in those 'core' projects, which makes other 'side' projects to be frozen or paused until dedicated developer appears again.

Well, we cannot add everything, because of the scale, so landmarks, notable cities/towns has to be left out.
Maybe developers like Frank007 can be included in this project too, his standalone map is much more detailed and vast than I've previously imagined, so one day, his map could become Promods material.
Just a thought...
We don't have any plans about him, as he develops his own map.
Thank you for your awesome W.I.P.'s and other projects, I wish you all the best and a continuing successful cooperation for the future and for the present.
You welcome! We are trying to do our best in representing the best of Europe in the very small scale
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Master_of_the_roads

06 Apr 2016 21:38

Thank you for replying so quickly, I only suggested Hungary because it feels somehow left in the corner, not criticizing other beauties, just trying to contribute in the best possible way.

For many years now, you've presented Europe the way it was meant to be, and for that, I remain your greatest supporter, no one delivered a better , more detailed map in the history of this game, the way that vanilla map is presented, just isn't the same, luckily we have you guys, you rock.

Best wishes and many thanks.
Adrian Gašper

ScuL
Founder

07 Apr 2016 09:32

This somewhat the case for most of the DLC East area, also CZ & SK could use some love.. but well there is so much to do .. Europe was definitely not built in one day nor can we rebuild it in one day!
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Master_of_the_roads

11 Apr 2016 17:11

Off course, I completely agree with you and don't want to rush things, quality mapping takes time, I have also a complicated real life between studies and work, so I second your oppinion totally.
Europe certainly didn't grow in a day and it certainly won't be finished also.

Last week I suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure which resulted in a massive formatting of Windows, so I couldn't write you back as I wanted, things are way better now.

Best of luck for continuing this beautiful project and thank you for replying.
Adrian Gašper

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information