About the new France DLC with Promods

Ask questions about the ETS2 mods here. If useful they will be added to the Q&A / Development updates.
Forum rules
Please do not post any crashes, malfunctions or other issues with the mod in this forum. If you have any issues with the mod, please post them here. This forum is only for questions/feedback towards the team, not for solving crashes.
Vøytek
Developer

15 Nov 2016 18:38

DLC will be required in the future.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Henter

25 Nov 2016 21:05

What about for people who cant afford Vive Le France? (if it's expensive)
FYI - On SCS Forum, I am known as "Ways71"

Vøytek
Developer

25 Nov 2016 21:29

They can use older versions. Just like with Going East and Scandinavia.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

LoaderSaints

26 Nov 2016 08:48

Henter wrote:What about for people who cant afford Vive Le France? (if it's expensive)
I'd say it'll be on a sale on Steam at some point eventually as ETS2 and its DLCs seem to be available at lower prices at almost every Steam sale. ;)

Cipus
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2016 16:11

I saw a message from SCS saying that DLC Viva la France will be available on 5th December. Of course we should not rush to buy it since won't be yet compatible with ProMods, and surely will be on sales later on Steam. Anyway for me is quite interesting how SCS will plan to sell a map which is only maybe 25% of France and even more this part of France was already built by ProMods team.
so basically SCS is ignoring the work done by ProMods and the ProMods team will simple accept it and create new versions of ProMods map only conditioned by the Viva la France DLC. that's sucks, SCS should have integrate France done by ProMods and distribute it for FREE as part of the default map, and the SCS people should have focus to build for example Spain or Italy?
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

ron_Lq

29 Nov 2016 17:24

It's like:
SCS: six months left and here we are - made a new truck - buy it immediately, it's awesom !!
Players, with no enthusiasm: okay... holly shoot ! six months doing this crap !
Modders: here's hundreds of trucks, maps and stuff - grab it for free now !
Players, with unlimited joy: WE LOVE U MODDERS, THANK U SO MUCH

And who's really make this game alive ???

ETS2-User
Developer

29 Nov 2016 18:02

It's like:
ProMods: has quite a big part of France that took 3 years up until now and it hasn't aged very well over the years, it misses assets, it looks old, it has too bumpy and curvy highways, it uses old standard intersections in a few places,
players are like: I don't care what it looks like, but it's for free and therefore I just keep praising it blindly.
SCS: has a BIGGER part of France, includes that part ProMods did not have, it took them about a year and a half NEXT TO numerous other free updates and bigger projects, they revamped the original parts of France for free, it brings in a ton of new assets and textures to work with all over the map, it adds a unique French feel, comes with new smooth and realistic roads, uses modular interchanges all across the DLC map,
players are like: this DLC is miserable because it can't be good even though i haven't taken a look yet, but I don't have to anyway, because it costs money and i don't want to support the creators of the game I oh so love and drive blindfoldedly all the time.

To put it in your words.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

IvanGF14
Developer

29 Nov 2016 18:03

cipinho wrote:I saw a message from SCS saying that DLC Viva la France will be available on 5th December. Of course we should not rush to buy it since won't be yet compatible with ProMods, and surely will be on sales later on Steam.

So you cant enjoy the DLC which is far better than our old france? :roll:
cipinho wrote:Anyway for me is quite interesting how SCS will plan to sell a map which is only maybe 25% of France and even more this part of France was already built by ProMods team.

Yeah, that percentage is over everything correct.. :roll: . Please, take a better look next time. Also SCS is free to do whatever they want, they are not forced to do what we want or like
cipinho wrote: so basically SCS is ignoring the work done by ProMods and the ProMods team will simple accept it and create new versions of ProMods map only conditioned by the Viva la France DLC. that's sucks, SCS should have integrate France done by ProMods and distribute it for FREE as part of the default map, and the SCS people should have focus to build for example Spain or Italy?
Integrate our work? What are you talking about? SCS did a far better job than us. They made a whole set of new assets with an amazing quality, a thing that is very far from our posibilities. They made an amazing country that has far better quality than most of our areas, especially in France. Also, your logic ability seems to be off today.
cipinho wrote:should have focus to build for example Spain or Italy?
You say SCS did a part that we already have. We also have a good part of Italy and Spain on WIP or finished state. That would be the same exactly situation, but you seems to dont see it. We, as Promods team, can decide what to do with new parts. In Scandinavia, our team decided to delete all the area reemplaced by DLC SC, because it was far better. And here the same situation happens. FR by SCS is far, far, faaaaaaaaaaaar better than our FR. And because of that we will delete old France and build in the new, with the new assets and the new look. We will keep the parts we most like, but with a rebuild, or at least, a relook with new textures and assets. Please, next time think about all the facts, and take in consideration the work did by SCS. They worked more than us (yes, can be incredible, but it isnt. Just the assets creation takes far more time than mapping, and just combine both ;) And pleeeeaseeeee, stop this blaming against SCS. It's a nosense, and we are not gods or magical persons

Laurensios

29 Nov 2016 19:01

as you guys might have heard,

VIVE LA FRANCE DLC is going to be released on Monday December the 5th!
I am expecting no discount or something but i am planning to buy it, because the images did look promising

I know Promods have put a lot of effort in France already, and I enjoy traveling through it. But the vilages, the new roundabouts, the new cargo's and the new companies SCS posted were absolutely amazing!

I wonder, will ProMods also adapt to the France DLC, I know they did a wonderful job on the scandinavia DLC (which they are still working on).
If I install the Vive la France DLC, and I keep the last non-updated version of ProMods. Will these maps collide?

getrixx
Donation rank:

29 Nov 2016 19:11

cipinho wrote:I saw a message from SCS saying that DLC Viva la France will be available on 5th December. Of course we should not rush to buy it since won't be yet compatible with ProMods, and surely will be on sales later on Steam. Anyway for me is quite interesting how SCS will plan to sell a map which is only maybe 25% of France and even more this part of France was already built by ProMods team.
so basically SCS is ignoring the work done by ProMods and the ProMods team will simple accept it and create new versions of ProMods map only conditioned by the Viva la France DLC. that's sucks, SCS should have integrate France done by ProMods and distribute it for FREE as part of the default map, and the SCS people should have focus to build for example Spain or Italy?
Have you seen this trailer?

As much as I love Promods' France and Kutchek's latest creations, it can't keep up with what I have seen until now.
Of course there are parts which I will miss, but this is where the Promods work starts again.
We can only benefit of the France DLC with its new assets and textures even in other parts of Promods. ;)

Return to “Questions & Feedback ETS2”

• Information